CHOCOLATE....OH GOODNESS....

Options
What do you do when you start your day healthy and try to eat healthy and avoid sugars and sweets and carbs, then one time you give in and eat a bunch of sweets and chocolate and food and bread and etc........... Then I feel so guilty !!! I try to keep safe from these foods but I litterly am ALMOST GIVING UP............

Replies

• mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid them. I work them in. Carbs and sugars are not horrible for you in small amounts. I usually have a snack size candy bar everyday. I just make sure to enter it in first thing in the morning and then go from there. (not saying I eat it first thing in the morning). One way you are sure to fail is if you deny yourself the things you want. Then you give in and you go overboard and feel guilty. Just make it work for you.
  • leffy05
    leffy05 Posts: 31
    Options
    Chocolate is good for the body and the brain!!! Especially dark chocolate. The problem is people hear the "it's good for you" statement and eat 5 pounds at a time! haha
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. Occasionally after successfully posting a healthy day on here I will be offered a chocolate and then off I go..... I guess that all we can do is pick ourselves up and start again....from the very minute that we realise what we have done, don't wait for the next day as that just gives you a licence to binge for the rest of the day, and don't then try and overcompensate the next day by cutting down as that could trigger another binge......So, I guess that the answer if just to start over again. Take heart, you are not on your own. Good luck xxx
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I keep Endangered Species Panther, Extreme Dark Chocolate (88%), 10-Count Individually Wrapped Pieces on hand:

http://www.amazon.com/Endangered-Species-Chocolate-10-Count-Individually/dp/B002TN02NG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357250113&sr=8-2&keywords=endangered+species+88%

They are portion controlled and I limit myself to two squares per day. The fact that I know I can have them prevent me from picking up Twix or Butterfingers.
  • _rosegray
    _rosegray Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    from my experience, there are two ways of doing it..

1: cut it out completely. after a while, you notice how much better you feel (less bloated, more energy etc) and stop craving them. it's weird, dark chocolate and fruit seems SO much sweeter when you stop having proper "sweets"

2: work it into your diet, allow yourself one treat a day, etc. this can be harder at first because you want to eat all of it, but you can do things to help yourself, for example freezing chocolate in tiny portions and only taking one out at a time (sounds crazy but it's worked for me and i am a MASSIVE chocolate fiend!)

hope this helps!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I try to work mine into my diet for the day. I also avoid buying any so that there is nothing around to tempt me.
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I dont buy it but i dont avoid it. We get a lot of chocolate at work, so if I want a fun size bar i ahve it, log it, and maybe exercise a little more that day. I have toast a couple of times a wek. Denying your self completely makes you want it more and go crazy when you have it. Work it in a few times a week and enjoy!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is good for you in small amounts. Plan it into your diary!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I am a chocoholic. Life would not be worth living without it. Rarely does a day go by that I don't indulge. As someone said earlier, I just work it into my daily calorie count. Fibre 1 brownies @ 100 cals. ea. are fabulous, as are 2 candy Kisses, one Oreo, etc. Portion control is key. Eat it slowly and savour it. Don't go whole hog, but don't deny yourself these lovelies, either.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i have done and still occasionally do the same. DO NOT GIVE UP. Fail 100 times and try again 101. U never fail until u quit. I speak the truth
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm alergic to chocolate...:sad:
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm alergic to chocolate...:sad:

That's horrible!!!! I wish I had your problem though.....
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I created a snack that helps me when i have that sweet tooth. I roast some almonds after I chopped them up a bit. Then I melt Dark chocolate ( I try for 70% dark ) and then I throw the nuts in.. mix and drop little mounds into mini cupcake liners.. they keep in the fridge for about 2 months..I grab a couple in a zip lock and keep them in my purse. They really help soothe the cravings after just 1 or 2!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I created a snack that helps me when i have that sweet tooth. I roast some almonds after I chopped them up a bit. Then I melt Dark chocolate ( I try for 70% dark ) and then I throw the nuts in.. mix and drop little mounds into mini cupcake liners.. they keep in the fridge for about 2 months..I grab a couple in a zip lock and keep them in my purse. They really help soothe the cravings after just 1 or 2!

I love that idea since yesterday I bought 85% dark choc and they didn't have one with anything added like nuts so I'll make my own like you did!
  • ArianaLuvsMe101
    Options
    Thank u!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I just have some chocolate. I like mini york peppermint patties. It's 140 calories for 3.