Kinda scared to post but don't want to do this alone.

Options
I'm not one for forums, or personally contributing online at all, but right now my weight is making me feel so miserable that I know I need to do something about it.

Past experience has shown I can't do it alone, but I'm hoping perhaps I can do it with the support of others in the same position?

So, I guess this is a request for 'pals' as the site says!

Replies

• Katmela
    Katmela Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I understand the aversion to posting, I'm more of a lurker on most websites typically :) But everyone on here that I have encountered is supportive and eager to help - they've all been where you have been. We're friends already, but feel free to drop me a message if you ever need anything!

- Kat
  • changingforthegood
    Options
    dont be scared.. we wont hurt you.. only help you
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    watch out for creepy bikers lurking in the forums tho.... lol!!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Take things on the forum with a grain of salt. People can be jerks. But there's a lot of nice people out there, too. =)
  • 79TLC
    79TLC Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm right there with you...never have done any online posts, but I've decided I will be more successful with support from others, and would like to help others if I can. Add me as friend if you'd like.
  • kimchaneygriffin
    kimchaneygriffin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ditto~ lets all gang together to make this the last time we lose weight!
  • kimchaneygriffin
    kimchaneygriffin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey BikerMike were did you get that HD logo for your scale?
  • chrystaleortiz
    Options
    Can anyone give advice about losing weight to someone who is a secretary and sits for 10 hours a day.
  • kaylamallow
    Options
    Add m. Like yourself, I am afraid to post. But also like yo, I also know I can't do this all by myself. So if there is anybody out there who would like to add a noob, then go ahead and add.
  • kyricus
    kyricus Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, I've only recently started posting here myself, though I am not shy about participating in forums, just had never ventured this way before.

Oh, and I'm another biker trolling the forums too! lol . Welcome again. Feel free to add if you need a pal. Goes for anyone else too.
  • tracey4049
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on mfp for a few months (off and on) but I'm brand new to the community part of it. I need all the motivation/inspiration I can get to get out of this rut! Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • lois1154
    Options
    I'm a little scared too, but I'm determined. I've got a long road ahead of me to get where I want. I, also, know from past experience I can't do this alone. Maybe we can help each other.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Add me if you wish, I log on every day, and am in UK but opposite end of the country, but at least you may recognise the foods and shops:smile:
  • CarolynCarrow
    CarolynCarrow Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Trying to build up my friends list for support and connecting with people who are into this as well! Add me!
  • MrsRichmond060212
    MrsRichmond060212 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am new here as well and love all of the motivation I've gotten already! Feel free to add me :)
  • misslaurah
    Options
    I'm new to the community part too, hopefully with a little motivation and support we'll all be able to reach our goals faster!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You have picked the right place to ask for help, feel free to add me if you would like!

Ken
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Oh, sweetie. We don't bite *that* hard.

Or ever.

Because biting is bad. *nods*
  • neenaof4
    neenaof4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can add me -- I've been on MFP for a year or better now - but just started using again yesterday -- need to lose weight - so that is my New Year's resolution.
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared. The waters fine! Jump on in, you will do great :laugh: