X-Smokers

124»

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    congrats gutterball and suziblues, and all the other recent quitters.
    Good job for sticking with it! I am almost at my one month mark !
  • It is way easier when you have someone there to quit smoking with you. My fiancee and I both started working out together and decided to quit smoking together shortly after. That was about three weeks ago. He has lost about 15 lbs now and smokes about 3 cigs a day, I've lost about 5 lbs and am down to 2 cigs a day (the car ride to and from work are the HARDEST...still haven't got that down pat yet).
  • Pooh79
    Pooh79 Posts: 7
    I quit smoking a little over 2 years ago. I went cold turkey. My best advise would be to keep busy. I still struggle with cravings now and then but it really does get easier. Just take one craving at a time. Luck!
  • I quit a little over 4 years ago after smoking for 20 plus years. It's only as hard as your dedication to quit. I tried quitting numerous times and was unsuccessful until I absolutely 100% wanted to quit. I refused to smoke and I won't lie the first few days will be rough. The physical effects of the addiction will be gone after about 72 hours. The psychological effects will take a bit longer. This is where your 100% dedication will get you through it. I can't remember the last time I had a craving. Quitting smoking was the most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Since I quit smoking I've noticed that certain foods taste like complete crap now. I also have developed super smelling powers. Has this happened to anyone else?

Absolutely!!! I noticed super smelling powers for about a year after! I figured, I've been smelling everything with a hint of cigarette smoke for my entire life (my mother and sister smoked also) so when I quit was the first time in my life I didn't have the smell around me. It was like the entire world became more fragrant!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!