Two cups of whole wheat pasta

Options
Is two cups of whole wheat Rotini pasta (measured dry) too much, even you're someone who could start eating more? I usually only have one, but decided I wanted two cups which covered my entire plate. But it feel good to eat all of it this time....I wonder if my body is telling me it feels good to eat more.. lol

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your calories and macros and you like it - then no, it is not too much.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    how long is a line?
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your calories and macros and you like it - then no, it is not too much.

I went over most of them, but not by a lot. I do think i need to eat more than i am since I want to regain muscle I've lost...
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    how long is a line?

Pardon me?
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Measure the pasta on a scale. 2 ounces of dry pasta = 1 cup cooked pasta. 2 ounces of dry pasta or 1 cup cooked pasta equals 200 calories. Figure that up and eat what you want and account for it.

Happy pasta! :laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I went over most of them, but not by a lot. I do think i need to eat more than i am since I want to regain muscle I've lost...

If you want to regain muscle you need to eat at a slight caloric surplus, strength train and get enough protein.
  • zaph0d
    Options
    how long is a line?

Pardon me?

if i drew a 24 inch line on a chalkboard, would that line be too long?
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    As stated before, if it fits within your macros for the day then there's nothing wrong with it at all.
    If my stomach would let me eat that much pasta in one sitting I would, I love pasta :tongue:
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    Measure the pasta on a scale. 2 ounces of dry pasta = 1 cup cooked pasta. 2 ounces of dry pasta or 1 cup cooked pasta equals 200 calories. Figure that up and eat what you want and account for it.

Happy pasta! :laugh:

I measured the two cups dry. you can see my diary to see the type and look it up if you want. And that's not including the home made lasagna sauce I used for it. I didn't save the recipe for that, but next time I am.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    You don't eat Just pasta do you? Where's the veggie side? Use salad or the veggie to get that full feeling. I'd test the weight for you but my rotiini box isn't opened yet. Based on the size of a cup though I'd guess you're probably 1 1/2 servings, based on tennis ball size estimate.
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    how long is a line?

Pardon me?

It's not long pasta if that's what you mean. lol
  • zaph0d
    Options
    how long is a line?

Pardon me?

It's not long pasta if that's what you mean. lol

i guess nevermind.
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    You don't eat Just pasta do you? Where's the veggie side? Use salad or the veggie to get that full feeling. I'd test the weight for you but my rotiini box isn't opened yet. Based on the size of a cup though I'd guess you're probably 1 1/2 servings, based on tennis ball size estimate.

What's wrong with eating just pasta? = / Seriously. lol

I come from an Italian family, too sooooo. And We don't eat it THAT often and if we do, I eat something else for me.

Maybe next time I'll do that, though.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Nothing, if you want all carbs. Tomato sauce is (good?) veggie but one of my goals is a balanced diet -- protein, carb, veggies -- try for that in every meal. I'm a carb-aholic and love me a good pasta :)

I come from an Italian family, too sooooo. And We don't eat it THAT often and if we do, I eat something else for me.

• alexbusnello
    Options
    Nothing, if you want all carbs. Tomato sauce is (good?) veggie but one of my goals is a balanced diet -- protein, carb, veggies -- try for that in every meal. I'm a carb-aholic and love me a good pasta :)

Well if you're interested at all, I'm trying to eat more, slowly.....slowly getting use to it. I explain the reason why on my profile if you don't mind reading it. lol