Carbs vs. sugar

Options
Is it better to be over on carbs or sugars? I have only been doing this 3 days; however, I go over on my sugars but not my carbs. Thanks for the help! :embarassed:

Replies

• ellecat93
    ellecat93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Essentially carbs are sort of sugar, the best carbs to go for are the brown things such as bread pasta etc, because i think it contains less bad sugar? Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.. however is betit ter to be getting more carbohydrates rather than sugar.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a carb. If you're not diabetic, the sugar default setting is really low on MFP- a glass of milk and an orange can set you over. Generally if you're not diabetic, you can go over the default sugar with no issue. However if *most* of your carbs are coming from sugar, you might want to reconsider your dietary choices.

If you're regularly going over on carbs, you should check to make sure you're getting enough protein and fat.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a subset of carbs. Unless you have a medical condition, there is no reason to track it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The answer is C. Doesn't matter. Just be under in your total calories and you'll lose weight
  • Sabine321
    Sabine321 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a simple carb and you want the complex ones like whole wheat, brown rice, oats. Unless you are diabetic don't worry to much about it. Almost every food has sugar in it. I used it before too but changed it. I am more concerned about fiber, calcium, and protein now. But it's up to you.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a subset of carbs. Unless you have a medical condition, there is no reason to track it.

This.....but want to add I have a medical condition (Type 2 Diabetic) and I have never tracked a gram of sugar... I have lived by the motto KISS "Keep it simple stupid". I track calories and my 3 main macro's (Carbs, Protein, and Fats) beyond that I am not concerned with anything else.. Best of Luck...
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

yup.
  • Vicswife99
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Your answers helped! Happy Loosing!!:smooched: