I am new to this and I would love some help and support.

Options
Hi there,

My name is Joanne and I live in Colorado. I am married and have four wonderful kids 15, 13, 13 and 11.
I have been over weight for some time now and it just keeps creeping up. I cannot seem to stay on a 'diet', but this year has to be different. I am 48 and I am in constant pain with Plantar Fasciitis in both my feet. Ideally I would love to lose 60 lbs. I am now finally concerned about my health and wonder how bad things will be in another few years if I don't do something. Even though I have a great husband and the best kids, I do not get much support other than 'Just do it'. This year, I need to make the change for me but also for my kids too. I plan to count calories, eat healthier and exercise more often.
Any help, support and encouragement would be appreciated and I would love to do the same in return.
I am excited to make some changes this year...Thank you!

Replies

• prematuremango
    Options
    I am new here as well, and would love it if we could support each other. Drop me a line if you need to vent, get some inspiration,or just a kick in the butt. :D -Jill
  • princesspeanutsmom
    princesspeanutsmom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had to reply to you...My name is Joanne as well and I'm also 48 years old with 3 kids....19, 8 and 6. I've always had a weight problem. Had my stomach stapled, you name it. Had a knee replacement 3 hyears ago and my weight has crept back up. I would like to lose between 60 - 70 lbs. So since we seem to have so much in common maybe we can help each other along. I just started back at this on December 31st and bought a treadclimber which I'm using every second day. My family is great but stressful job, and all that other stuff, my husband can eat, eat and eat and not gain an ounce, I watch him eat and gain a pound! WE CAN DO THIS!!! Looking forward to hearing from you :)
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I live in Colorado too! I've been on MFP for a bit over a year now and am here everyday. I log most days (not always on the weekends). I'm more or less at my goal weight but not my goal body - so my focus is more on losing body fat than pounds. If you'd like you can add me.
  • karrieamandakeeps
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm new here myself. Looking forward to chatting with you all.
  • dave0628
    dave0628 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi Joanne,

Well you have taken the first step, resolving to do something!. Add me if you like, I could use a few more myfitness pal friends for support and accountability.
  • brown41stacy
    brown41stacy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How do u like the tread climber?
  • Burnsdill
    Burnsdill Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My first day too! I hope it goes well for you. I think the tracking can be daunting at times but it's a non-judgemental way to keep track of yourself. Good luck to you and everyone else here as well!
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and feel free to ask any questions you have! The experiences and knowledge base is awesome...and the support is great! Add me for a friendly supporter!

I will not go gently into that good night
  • princesspeanutsmom
    princesspeanutsmom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    absolutely love it!!