was on here before

Options
hey i was on here before in like october but had to stop for some personal reasons. now i am back and want to lose weight. I was thinking about looking into things like weight watchers or other actual diets. But it kinda scares me. I am probably 50 or 60 pounds over what i would like to be and should be. But the whole actual diets or things like that means giving up alcohol,which i dont drink very much, but i like to have a good time every few weeks. Anyone actually ever use weight watchers,slimfast,nutrisystem anything like that and have success with them. I guess I would just do good with a actual meal plan that i have to follow because i struggle with being able to eat whatever i want.

Replies

• TinaCleg
    Options
    I tried Nutrisystem a few years back, I could not take the food. I did not like it at all. I have also counted points with WW, but found using MFP and counting calories is easier for me. Feel free to add me
  • morgieb07
    morgieb07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i dont think i could do nutrisystem..it seems crazy expensive..and i dont really have alot of money. I guess i just wish there was a easy way to do it with a actual meal plan already made for me on what i should eat and a way to lose weight fast. I have my sisters wedding next october and would really like to just be happy with myself as well.
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I did WW 12 years ago and lost 30lbs. I maintained most of that loss for 8 years. By that point I was no longer actually logging my points and I would just count them in my head -- big mistake because obviously my portions were getting bigger and bigger and I would think "yeah, that's about 1 point" . Couldn't understand why my clothes were shrinking so fast. LOL!

I think the WW program is wonderful, but like all diet programs, it really is all about what works for YOU. I love MFP and constantly am amazed and encouraged by my friends. I've gotten away from the tracking/logging and now I'm back for a new start. I just have never done well on programs that restrict me on dairy, carbs, etc. One of the cool things about MFP is that you can design the program however you want -- e.g., you could use MFP and follow a low-carb diet if that's your thing. And it's free so you can't beat the value.
  • morgieb07
    morgieb07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thats very true. i like the whole free part. Any meal plan ideas though would be very helpful from anyone. What should i be eating for breakfast,lunch and dinner, and how many calories should i have for every meal. I am trying to cut down on my soda limits, only allowing myself one or 2 a day and drinking more water. but would be so more lower calorie drinks. I hate diet soda that is my biggest problem.
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just focus on healthy options that you enjoy. Most importantly, take the extra minute to calculate the calories (and/or other nutrients that are important to you). Use a scale/measuring cups etc. and be honest about your portion sizes. Log them. That's the important thing.

On some days you'll be discouraged when you realize you went over but use those days to learn a better option for next time.

I haven't used them myself but I hear a lot of folks on MFP talk about adding Crystal Light to their water to curb their need for sodas.

Good Luck !