Healthy snack to sneak into movies?

Options
I know we are not suppose to bring our own food in, but I want something to munch and I want it to be healthy. What's your favorite thing to sneak into the movies. I have a rather large purse so feel free to be creative :happy:

Replies

• fatladysings72
    Options
    Trail mix you make yourself, air popped popcorn with spray butter- fat free, grapes and pretzels- whole wheat, Dark chocolate or carob bars. It really all depends on if you want the movie experience or you don't care what you are eating.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    we are allowed to bring our own here , I bring carrot and celery sticks, or apple wedges ...as well as pistachios
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You're in luck! This thread just happened to be posted just yesterday! Here ya go!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833421-healthy-snack-to-take-to-the-cinema?hl=movie+snacks#posts-12518446
  • murphette2
    murphette2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wine! Just kidding. Nuts, Cheese sticks, Beef Jerky.
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I go to Trader Joes and get freeze dried fruit. They are crunchy and I like the flavor. My kids think I'm weird though :)
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Wine! Just kidding. Nuts, Cheese sticks, Beef Jerky.
    Lol!
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You're in luck! This thread just happened to be posted just yesterday! Here ya go!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833421-healthy-snack-to-take-to-the-cinema?hl=movie+snacks#posts-12518446

Thanks!
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    almonds, apple wedges, grapes..
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I don't go very often. When I do go to the movies I want the experience and I bring air-popped popcorn (that I make at home) and raisinets though instead of soda I will bring flavored seltzer water.

The popcorn and seltzer water are the healthy part
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    with my sister, a few years back, we snuck in a whole big tupperware of a homemade taco bar to the movies. lol. the lady behind me thought they were cookies and asked for one right before the previews started HAHA still makes me laugh.
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I always bring my own water bottle and maybe some dark chocolate if I'm feeling frisky.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    with my sister, a few years back, we snuck in a whole big tupperware of a homemade taco bar to the movies. lol. the lady behind me thought they were cookies and asked for one right before the previews started HAHA still makes me laugh.

:laugh: That's great!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

We've gone to Arby's before and snuck in a bunch of food. Made the whole theater smell like roast beef. :laugh:
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    If I want to buy something at the movies I typically go for the kids size popcorn that they have. At AMC they have a kids pack that I regularly get when I do go to the movies. Its a kids size popcorn, fruit gummies and a kids drink. For the drink I usually just get unsweetened tea.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I bring baby carrots!
  • clhandwerk
    clhandwerk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Years ago, my friend and i snuck in burritos from this great fast food mexican place, called Muchas Gracias... it was scary but so much fun too hahhaa!! here we are trying to eat burritos in the dark and not get hot sauce everywhere hahaha!!
  • exitfear
    Options
    Portillos burgers, hotdogs, fries and cake shakes!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I know we are not suppose to bring our own food in, but I want something to munch and I want it to be healthy. What's your favorite thing to sneak into the movies. I have a rather large purse so feel free to be creative :happy:

I've always snuck in whisky and sometimes beer. Once a burrito.