just joined

Options
hi there i just joined.
i'm 20 years old and im 5' 5" and current weight is 182, my gw is 120 because my sister is an inch taller than I and she's 120 so I think that would be a good weight for me as well.
Both my mom and my sister are naturally thin, they can eat whatever they want and don't gain weight. I was the only person in my household who had issues with weight, and it always affected my confidence, I cannot remember a time in my life when I was ever satisfied with my body.. even though now i look back and would kill to look like i did then...

I've been trying to lose weight since I was 14-15, then I was around 140, and could never get under 135, yo yo-ing back and forth to 140. I moved into my own place with my boyfriend a couple years ago and worked from home which has taken its toll the last couple of years, added with tons and tons of stress of living on my own, running my own business and so forth. Plus he is a really bad eater and his eating habits became my eating habits as i did all the cooking and didn't want to make two separate meals because he is picky.

I've finally been able to get him on the same page as me, and he is willing to make some adjustments to help me lose some weight, as well as himself because he is 5' 11" and 270 lbs. Until now the only thing that has made it impossible to diet was the lack of support from him and taunting me (not on purpose) by eating the worst (best tasting high calorie) foods in front of me and offering it out of him seeing me long for it... It would throw me off and be so discouraging I would give up all together. I just didnt have the will power when it was all in my face... But now he understands that I am not happy with the way I look and it affects my life in so many ways more than he can understand, he's never been concerned with his own weight but he can see how unhappy I am with mine.

Whoa that became a lot longer than I was expecting but it feels good to rant a bit : )

I'm glad I came across this site, reading through the forums is very inspiring, and now I'm ready to put in the time and work to lose this weight and keep it off.

Replies

• Nicki1984
    Nicki1984 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great place for inspiraton :) I am going on just little over a year and I am almost to 100lbs lost and I am so glad I found MFP because it has helped me greatly along the way
    Good luck on your journey!!
  • ninasmom524
    ninasmom524 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I joined fitness pal last year and I have lost some weight. I like it because if you have a smart phone you can take your food journal with you. Thats the secret I think, realizing how much you have eaten.

My sister has used this app much more religiously than I have. She is down over 80lbs! So it works if you are motivated. Good luck!! (and Welcome!!)

Sincerely,
    Sarah
  • acidtrashdoll
    Options
    congrats on such tremendous weight loss! I'm confident I can get results with hard work and support, the support has always been an issue, but it looks like everyone here is super supportive
  • acidtrashdoll
    Options
    thanks sarah for the motivation!
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like
  • acidtrashdoll
    Options
    thanks brittamh! I didn't know about friend requests on here, I'm just learning this site, I joined about a half hour ago : )
    Not gonna be on too much longer though because I need to get a work out in today still ; )
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You can add mee!
  • acidtrashdoll
    Options
    and i think this site is going to be awesome for me too because all i can talk about is trying to lose weight and I feel like a broken record, venting some here will make it easier for people to be around me in person lol