Lost me first 10lbs

Options
Hey there Everyone

I never thought in a million years that I would "that" girl that I see going to the gym, eating healthy, and beginning to love my life again. That was the girl I wanted to be, but I blamed "Will Power" for me not sticking to my diet. It was only until I looked int he mirror mid November and said to myself "YOU look disgusting" and the next day I committed to Loving myself.

I reached my first milestone of 10lbs and I was overjoyed with happiness. I did it, I actually did it and you know what? It wasn't so bad. So I am committed to not dieting. When I diet is when I fail, so I decided to start Loving Myself, and that has made all the difference in the world.

I have a very long way to go, as my goal is to lose 80lbs in total, but I feel great, I can't get enough, and cannot wait to reach my next milestone.

Anyone else out there looking for encouragement or someone to ride this journey with them. Feel free to add me and I will do the same.

All the best on your journey

Replies

• lovejulez03
    lovejulez03 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That's eat! I think every lb is a success but throwing a little party for every 10 lbs is my goal! You did great and you say you feel great which is the best! I just reach my 10 lbs recently and was so excited.

You're right about dieting. It's a lifestyle change and the people here are so great. I'm just starting out and just taking it one day at a time.

Congrats!
  • lisapooh1
    Options
    You can do this! I have been on here a while and I love it! I would like to be your friend. because everyone needs encouragement.:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the first 10!! keep it up!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Congrats...that first 10 pounds does feel great!
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Got a little excited by how the title was written i thought this might have been about lucky charms

Congrates on the first 10lbs!! keep rocking it!
  • carolstartingover
    carolstartingover Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The approach that works the best for each individual differs in so many way. Yours is working for you, it would not for me because I lie sometimes on my tracker. That is pitiful to lie to yourself. but I conveniently forget those lil things. So, I have to count so I don't nibble and not lose. Liking yourself is very important. At my age, I love myself for who I am, I go out in my sweat pants, sometimes I dress up. I rarely wear bras, I am pretty muscular. I may seem odd to others but I know I am normal. I just don't follow exaclty what society dictates.
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I like that; loving myself, not dieting! I'm going to start saying that to myself instead. Congrats on your first 10 lbs! :D
  • Toshums
    Toshums Posts: 11
    Options
    lol oh goodness, I just noticed that :)
  • Toshums
    Toshums Posts: 11
    Options
    Glad you liked it :)
  • Whitnit809
    Whitnit809 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You're so right, the concept of loving yourself vs. dieting. I'm also going to adapt that into my life, thank you. When I diet, I put too much pressure on myself and obsess over things I can't eat. I hope to get to my first 10 pound loss in 2-3 weeks.

Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!