What was your NSV today??

Options
LRH64
LRH64 Posts: 199 Member
My NSV today was that I RAN a whole MILE without stopping, not power walking but actual running! It may not have been fast or pretty but I did not stop. I walked for a block and a half afterward, then started running again. Total distance running/walking (ie more running than walking :smile: ) was 3.3 miles.

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    For me, I could fit all my summer clothes that I outgrew and couldn't wear this summer.. I so excited and motivated!
  • melkayco
    melkayco Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I'm slowly taking up running...first have to make it thru 30DS without dying...lol.

P.S. What does NSV mean?
  • armstrong71
    armstrong71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Non scale victory !
  • Breeli0519
    Breeli0519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I went to my very first Zumba class tonight and made it all the way thru without anyone asking me if I was having a seizure...I count that as a definite victory! :-)
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    No Muffin Top Over My SKINNY JEANS:drinker:
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I did five sit ups, in a row. Couldn't do any at all about two months ago.
  • Louiseisme
    Options
    Went out with friends and was able to sit on a wooden bar stool for 1.5 hours without my butt falling asleep or the feeling I was being stared at for the overhang of tush.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    5th day in a row to burn > 500 calories
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    3 miles on the stationery bike! Ate clean! No sugary sweets! And DH and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary with a steak dinner!
  • Lormic98
    Options
    What is an "NSV"??

And, how do you get those unique graphics for the pounds lost?

Thanks,
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    What is an "NSV"??

And, how do you get those unique graphics for the pounds lost?

Thanks,

NSV is non scale victory

and you get them off your profile page I believe..
  • krzykatmomma60610
    Options
    Mine was having one serving out of a pint of frozen yogurt and not the entire container...major NSV for me on the third day of a fooditude change.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Was complimented by a body builder at the gym while I was doing assisted body-weight tricep dips (I'm down to only 8% assist) that I'm rather strong as I wasn't even shaking as I pumped out 4 sets of 12-15 reps each. Just makes me push to get to no assist body-weight dips!
  • Kristen_nicole95
    Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I went and set up my gym program (:
  • guwisti
    guwisti Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Made it thru 30 minutes of a 50 minute Bollywood dance video! I normally walk when I first wake up (and did this morning), but my hubby has started MFP and now walks in the evening. I had the tv to myself for 30 minutes tonight and I exercised! I know it's not much to some folks, but I'm pretty proud!
  • LRH64
    Options
    I went to my very first Zumba class tonight and made it all the way thru without anyone asking me if I was having a seizure...I count that as a definite victory! :-)

I love Zumba! The music is so energetic.
  • LRH64
    Options
    Made it thru 30 minutes of a 50 minute Bollywood dance video! I normally walk when I first wake up (and did this morning), but my hubby has started MFP and now walks in the evening. I had the tv to myself for 30 minutes tonight and I exercised! I know it's not much to some folks, but I'm pretty proud!

Great Job! Anything you do today that you couldn't do last year, last month or yesterday is a BIG NSV. Congrats :drinker:
  • LRH64
    Options
    I did five sit ups, in a row. Couldn't do any at all about two months ago.

Awesome!. Lock your feet under the couch and go for 10!!
  • LRH64
    Options
    5th day in a row to burn > 500 calories

That's a great one. Keep up the good work!
  • LRH64
    Options
    3 miles on the stationery bike! Ate clean! No sugary sweets! And DH and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary with a steak dinner!

Congrats on the 3 miles and the 9 years! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!