Still trying to get the hang of things

Options
Hey fellow fitness pal friends I have only been doing this for 2 days now and I will tell you this is truly an eye opener
for me. I am looking for motivators for myself and to motivate someone as well. I am new to the whole counting calories and all so I need help with meal ideas and pretty much everything. I enrolled into a fitness center and today was my first workout and it felt great. I am married to a wonderful man and we have 3 very active kiddos. So now its time for Momma time to be able to keep up with them. Any help would greatly be appreciated. WE GOT THIS

Replies

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Welcome to MFP. I've been through a few different weight loss programs and joined my share of gyms...this is the BEST site to keep you motivated and supported. Good luck with your journey!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Make the lifestyle change and stick with it!
    Do it somewhat right an reap the rewards.

Check this out and compare MFPs numbers to what you get in the formula.
    PM if you have Qs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!...feel free to add me. My diary is open, so have a look and maybe it will give you some ideas.
  • KathyKA007
    Options
    Welcome!! I've also tried different diets and I find this the easiest for me. I know it can be overwhelming to calculate the calories but this site has almost every food you can think of. And if I can't find it I'll choose something similar. I've sent you a friend request!! Good luck in reaching your goals :flowerforyou:
  • doingitright2013
    Options
    Hi....welcome!!! It does take time getting use too but with the help of fellow mfp you can do it. Feel free to add me :)
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend.I am on here everyday and My diary is open as well. Been using this site for a year and a half and it truly works great! You need to be consistent about it and be truthful in your diary, otherwise, it won't work. Log everything you eat...every morsel (at least for a short while). Make it a lifestyle change, not a "just til I lose the weight" thing. At first, it was a real eye opener for me too. I couldn't get over how much fat and sodium I was consuming on a daily basis. You will do great!!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. As you get the hang of it, you will be motivated. Whenever I need motivation, I browse the success stories. Motivating others takes a little more thought. You cannot motivate someone else to lose weight if the person is not ready. I am not sure if you meant motivating friends on mfp or motivating a specific person. Just keep reading. You may look for friends near your location or read the forums and find people with similar interests or similar amounts of weights to lose. Good luck!
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Have fun with the site - check every tab and click on things to see what they are. Make this a lifestyle change, not a diet and things will flow much better.
    I also will be the first to tell you that if you start making changes and are healthier and happier whomever else you are trying to motivate will see it and will want to do it too. Motivation is a tricky thing - it is not something you can teach, but if someone sees you doing things that are making you reach goals you want they will sometimes take your lead. Good luck with your journey, work on you and set a great example for others to follow!
  • awisegirl84
    awisegirl84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey there :)

This is seriously the best thing I've ever done for myself. It can be overwhelming at times and you are going to want to give up at some point (probably more than once). Just remember that this is a journey, enjoy the ups and the downs.

I recently read this forum post and found it very helpful with how weightloss really works: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I've sent you a friend request, feel free to accept, or not. My diary is public and I have some great friends with good fitness (and FOOD, my favorite part) advice.

Good luck :)
  • HillaryAnnMaroney
    HillaryAnnMaroney Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can follow me! I'm on the same mission as everyone else around here. Ever need some motivation? The more friends, the better! :)
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Sent friend request.
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi, I think once you get into the habit of plugging everything in, you wont be able to get rid of us...I love this site and just for the motivation that you will recieve from people will be amazing...
    cograts on the mommy time...thats the stage i am in too...its about damn time :)
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Try browsing the recipe database at CookingLight.com or SkinnyTaste.com to help generate meal ideas. We find that the CookingLight site has recipes that are controlled calorie but flavorful. We had a chili from their site tonight. My husband and I cook many of our dinners together. If you would like to friend me my diary will be open to you and you could browse through my diary for dinner ideas. Last night we had tilapia fillets that turned out to have a different marinade than my husband had anticipated and he was concerned that it might not be as good with the salsa-like salad and chile seasoned fruit salad we had planned as had expected. So we heated up a couple of corn tortillas in a dry skillet, threw half a fish fillet in each, and topped with the salsa/salad. Yum! Easy, flavorful fish tacos! And the salad was naturally sweet with a slight zing from the Tajin chile-lime we stirred in, yet calories were low. We got the Black Bean Salad recipe from Skinny Taste and it was picked because the photo make it very esthetically attractive. It was just as pretty in reality and yummy too.
  • PinkP1971
    PinkP1971 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome Girl!! We r sooooo glad u joined!!! I have tried different gyms, diets, etc. however, when I joined MFP, this is the only thing that has kept me "ACCOUNTABLE" for my actions everyday!! My MFP friends are wonderful...Take your time and glide around on the site to get familiar with everything...also, get the MFP app on your phone as I also use this when I'm out on the run away from home...I'm here to offer any advice, support, feedback, suggestions, and to pat u on the back each time u accomplish one of your mini goals!! Feel free to check out my profile and add me as well...Good exercising, Good eating, Good Weight Loss!!