before bed snacks

Options
What is your go to,low calorie, late night snack? I always mess up my whole day tight before bed.:(

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    carrots and pb2!
  • nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Air popped pop corn with some drizzled melted butter! 1.5 C of the popcorn is only 80 cal, then I add butter to taste/calories. I'll add salt if the butter is unsalted. I had that tonight for a total of 200 calories and it was very satisfying.

Sometimes I'll do jello with some cool whip - not very healthy, but it feels like a treat.

I also keep low-fat ice cream in the freezer that is 110 calories per cup, and a cup of ice cream feels so rich. I have to remind myself that after the 3rd bite, it will taste all the same to my taste buds, so less is actually more in taste.

I used to totally ruin my days with lots of chocolate prior to bed. I like to end the night on a sweet note!
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    small apple and pb, or wheat toast with sugar free jelly.
  • Dodgers33089
    Options
    i'm not a late snack eating type since my dinners are usually around 8-9pm. I do however will snack on pop corn, dark chocolate (filled squares or not) or whatever dessert may occasionally be in the fridge...pumpkin pie, etc
    All within limit of course
  • stehmari
    stehmari Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    rice cake and peanut butter...i havent tried the pb2 yet, but i believe there are 45 calories in 2 tbsp. for an apple cinnamon rice cake it's 50 calories.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I'm actually hungry I'll have a protein bar or greek yogurt (if I need help reaching my protein gram goal). If I just want something sweet, I'll have some Sugar Cookie tea or sugar free hot chocolate and a cookie or two. Or frozen yogurt, if I'm not freezing cold. (I get cold a lot now without all that fat to insulate me.)

It really depends on how many calories I have left for the day and whether or not I've eaten enough protein already.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    These are all great tips! I really must try the pb2 since I am always over on sugar because of my fruit.( and cookies and junk!lol)