Chocolate Temptations!

Options
Ugh! So disappointed in myself. I was doing good all day, but then got the urge to make my friend I am seeing tomorrow some chocolate chip cookies. They are vegan, no butter and no egg, but while I baked I kept snacking on those delicious dark chocolate chips and eating the cookie dough. Any advice on how to stop these cravings? Chocolate is my downfall. I can't seem to stop!

Replies

• fabidibarty
    Options
    I remember hearing once that if you mix about a teaspoon or so of sugar in a glass of water and drink it, your craving will go away. What I like to do is suck on a sugar-free candy, raw noodle or chew dessert-flavoured gum so I'm not so tempted!
  • gemini0007
    gemini0007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I buy dark, dark chocolate I prefer 70% cocoa solids - I allow myself to have 1 or 2 small squares of it & I MAKE myself suck it rather than chew it - it really satiates my sweet tooth and I don't need to overindulge
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    i used cinnamon gum to help during baking this yr. seemed to do the trick.
  • msjanetcole
    msjanetcole Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I drink Godiva Chocolate Truffle cofffee 0-0-0-0-0 nutritional label. If you add a bit of non-fat milk, makes a yummy latte.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I rarely crave sweets, but when I do, I melt a few dark chocolate chips and fold it into some plain greek yogurt. It is soooo goood.
  • nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am a chocolate diva. Queen. Addict. My mantra is I have to have some everyday or I feel deprived, so I do. I love dark chocolate, so I always save 150-200 calories for some dark chocolate GOODNESS. I don't just do plain dark chocolate all the time - it gets boring. I change up the % of chocolate, I eat a truffle, I put some chocolate sauce on a 1/2 cup of ice cream... some way to have just that fix.

I've just realized I'm not ready to give it up entirely. I can't be me without it. So... I eat it when I can. Sounds like your cookie dough wasn't that horrible - give yourself a break!

And in moments where its bad, some tea with lemon or gum will help keep your mouth busy.
  • msjanetcole
    msjanetcole Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    When I have a sweet craving in general, I have a one cup serving of oatmeal, add cinnamon then 2 TBSP of my favorite Smuckers Sugar-Free preserves. I like the boysenberry, red raspberry, blueberry, peach, apricot and orange marmalade. It's amazingly good and fills you up. When warm, it serves as a comfort food given you a nice warm, satisfied tummy feeling. I frequenlty have it twice a day, breakfast and afternoon or evening snack.