Please give me tips and pointers :(

Options
I want to lose 40 lbs in total (AT LEAST) by the end of 2013, but I want to lose 20 lbs by April. Help, tips, success stories. ?

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    enter your stats in MFP, aim for 1lb a week, track your food, get exercise....done.
  • nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You have 11 weeks until April... if you lose 1-1.5 lbs a week (very doable if you track your food and exercise) you'll definitely make it!
  • patrickkelly69
    Options
    I've lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks by eating eggs for breakfast, salad and meat sandwiches for lunch, veges and meat or fish for dinner, fruit for mid morning and afternoon snack. You can have a look at my diary - you will be suprised how much you can eat for less calories. Good luck !!!!
  • cboutin89
    cboutin89 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey there:) You can definitely achieve your goal sooner. You can just simply moderate what you usually eat with 3x-4x a week of cardio(along with 2x a week of strength). Make sure your diet isa week doing so along with working out 5x a week and lost approximately 18 pounds since November.I hope I helped I wish you the best with your fitness goal.
  • cwettstain
    cwettstain Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I once had appendicitis... From an operation and being in the hospital for a week I lost 10 pounds.

I don't recommend it. Try the way these other folks have mentioned. It's totally doable in that timeframe. You'll surprise yourself!
  • kmkel0
    kmkel0 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the importance of exercise - planned and incidental. A good mix of cardio (eg walking) and strength training (eg weights or things like crunches, push up, lunges, etc) will help accelerate weight loss. Park the car further away from destination, take stairs - not lifts, walk and talk while on a mobile phone ... It all helps - you'll feel great!

Good luck,