ANYONE On the Depo Shot?

Options
I have been on it for 9 months and have struggled with even loosing 10lbs, I eat right, and exercise 6 times a week, not just lil exercise either I burn 600-1000 calories PER work out. Anyone take the Depo shot as a form of Birth Control? I have noticed I CANT LOOSE WEIGHT since I have been on it. Anyone else have this problem? I am not getting the shot again we are actually switchign to the patch then after the summer I am going to get my tubes tied. I would love to hear anyones experiance with this. Thanks

Replies

• hmiott
    hmiott Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was on the Depo shot for like 2-3 yrs and I hated the weight I gained every time I got a shot. I would gain 3-5 pounds each shot even though I was very active in sports and eating right. Thankfully I am no longer using that form of birth control...I switched to a low dose pill.

Sorry that I don't have any advice for how to lose while still on Depo but I wanted to let you know you are not alone in your frustrations. Just don't give up on the eating right and excercising!
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi there :) I was on the Depo shot for 4 years! I never gained weight but definitely could NOT lose it! once I went off of it I started losing weight! It has been known to cause weight fluctuation in the past...My suggestion from my experience with Depo is to NOT be on it...had many problems after going off of it! Good Luck hope this helped!
  • keiheath
    keiheath Posts: 2
    Options
    I was on the depo for 7 years and had the same problem. Once I had my third child, I switched to the nuva ring and havent had any problems loosing weight!! I dont know what it is about the depo., but it must be some powerful drugs in it! Good luck with the change!
  • Simone32
    Simone32 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have been on it for years now and I don't see any difference in my weight gain after getting it or my wieght loss in general. I think with birth control it is just all in how your body reacts to it.
  • lilmisswny
    Options
    Did you start loosing after you got off of it?
  • lilmisswny
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I know I have lost a total of 11 lbs since getting it 9 months ago, I should have lost ALOT More with all the work i have been doing to try and loose. So hopefully in June when I go off it, my body can kind of go back to where it should be and I can get back on track, I know after having my 3rd lil one I went from 180 to 155 in 3 months, that was before I started the shot, and wasnt doing NEAR as much working out as I am now. We shall see I guess. :)