Hi! I'm Savannah. :)

Options
Hi! I'm Savannah. I'm 25 years old. Up until the past 4 years, I hadn't struggled with weight or health issues. I was always very small & didn't hit 100 lbs. until my senior year of high school. I graduated in 2006, took some time off after high school, & began college as a full-time student in the spring of 2008. With college came some weight gain, but it didn't seem like much because I was just hitting the 110 mark. By 2009, I had hit 120 lbs. I stayed there for quite some time without gaining or losing. In 2010, I started experiencing some health issues (including an underactive thyroid), but thought I'd never hit 130. I was planning my wedding, still going to school full-time, & working full-time, so you would think I would've lost weight by how busy I was, right? Wrong. By June 2010, I had hit 140 lbs. This may not seem like a whole lot to some, but keep in mind, I'm only 5'0". From there, I've only gone up. :( I've realized now that it's time to take back control of my life. I'm tired of wearing this "fat suit." I'm tired of being unhealthy. I'm tired of not agreeing with my husband when he tells me I'm beautiful.

Sadly, we lost my mother-in-law at the young age of 50 to a massive heart attack a few years ago, & my grandfather came home with a scary stage 4 lung cancer diagnosis this past July. These unfortunate events have made me realize that much more how precious life truly is. I am married to my high school sweetheart who I happen to be madly in love with & want to grow old with. We plan to have children when we're both done with college. We have an amazing family & wonderful friends. God has blessed me, & I am truly thankful. These are all reasons why 2013 is going to be all about a happier, healthier, better Savannah. This is my time to shine. I WILL change my lifestyle & save my life.

PicsArt_1352767493460_zps4ded53f5.jpg

PicsArt_1352767710205_zpsecfb809c.jpg

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    The *img* part has to be lower case. And welcome to MFP :) Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law :(
  • Thank you so much! I think it's fixed now.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    No prob :) Glad I could help :)
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60! Add me :)
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome! If you need support you can add me up. When starting though I'd really say don't go directly to extreme calorie deficit especially if you plan to include doing cardio and weights on your plan as it will indeed drop your weight but in the long run will slow down your metabolism.
  • Thank you, 00Sarah!

Thank you for the advice, Shanepaw123! I appreciate it.
  • lisauwish
    lisauwish Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :happy: Love you We can do this!!!!!
  • dh7474
    dh7474 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome:) my name is David im 38 and have been logging in for 75 days today, with a loss of 32 lbs:) I have bout 80 2 go and would enjoy being a support buddy:) add me if u like:) good luck on your weight loss mission:)
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Savannah! I'm Sovanna and I'm 27 years old. I've been on MFP for awhile now and I've been up and down on my mission to lose weight but 2013 will be my year. Good luck on your weight loss mission. Feel free to add me. =D
  • simba01
    simba01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your weight loss journey! :)
  • myanko
    myanko Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Looking for some motivated help this year myself. I've lost about 25 lbs that I have been able to keep off. Feel free to add me.
  • beatoks
    beatoks Posts: 63
    Options
    hi Savannah, welcome to MFP, the support from everyone here is amazing. feel free to add me.
  • debbie14892
    debbie14892 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome Savannah!! This site is a great place to start your weightloss!! Good luck!! :happy:
  • Thank you ALL so much! Sorry it took a few days to reply. It won't let me search the forums while on my phone, but I'm on the computer now & just seeing all of this support & encouragement makes my day so much brighter! Thank you, thank you, thank you!