Muscle heavy but still cellulite?!

Options
Hi all. I am a hypothyroid, type one diabetic who loves to run and dance. I am looking to lose 20lbs to get myself down to 10stones and a healthy BMI.
I have always been very active and have muscly, solid legs and butt from playing rugby and hockey since I was 10! Though I still seem to have a layer of nasty slightly dimply flesh across my thighs, especially down the outsides of my legs and under my butt.
What can I do (if anything!) to reduce this? I don't eat much bread and try to stick to a low-gi diet as much as I can. I limit sweets and chocolate but don't cut them out completely. Would any specific strength training or cardio help at all?
Any answers would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks!!!

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    LIft heavy. Barbells with as much weigh as you can handle. Start with Stronglifts 5X5. I am still about 60 pounds from goal weight, but my dimples in my legs and butt are DISAPPEARING. I am eating at 1800 cals a day and I look better than I have in years.
  • SaraBiston1
    SaraBiston1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Go for some exercise like swimming, walking, stair stepping and even dancing will facilitate burn calories and these exercises can help remove cellulite from the legs. Even Yoga and deep breathing is an exercise that you can practice to help you smooth out cellulite.
  • dave_gently
    Options
    Remember, the body responds to intensity more than anything else. You are better off sprinting for 1 minute your absolute fastest that lightly jogging for 20. Change up your routing, maybe focus on the parts that have a little extra meat. Besides that, eat well, lots of vegetable. Most importantly, be patient and keep at it, you will see results. Check out this video it may help you http://howdoigetridofcellulite.net/cellulite-exercises-what-is-cellulite/
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Primarily get your bodyfat down much lower because the fat is bulging through a matrix of connective tissue. Eat clean including the right type of fats and carbs and a ton of fruits and veggies, lose the sweets for a while stick only to low sugar dark chocolate/ cocoa. At the very least ensure you have everything sugary/ refined/ processed down to 10% daily calories. You might try self massage to help break down the fibrous tissue but it is unlikely to work without the other measures and needs consistency over a long period of time. Various hormones are thought to play a role, you may find with your health issues these are against you.

Agree high intensity exercise and interval training is the most beneficial but please run any changes past your medical team.