Hey what gym do you go to?

Options
I want to buy a gym membership but on a budget. It would be great if you could tell me what gym you go to and how much you pay a month. If its not too much trouble what your membership includes as well?

Thank you :)

Replies

• lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness

19.99/month (black membership: includes unlimited tanning, chair massages, red light therapy, free guest, and can go to any gym) Also half off beverages, but I don't count that because they charge 3$ for water.

I'm not the biggest fan of it and am looking around for a diff gym, but if all you do is cardio, it's probably perfect.
  • afr28
    afr28 Posts: 2
    Options
    I concur. Planet Fitness. It's cheap, up to date and I feel comfortable there.
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    IN hULL IVE JOINED A GYM CALLED XERCISE4 LESS ...£9.99 A MONTH .... REALLY BASIC WITH USUAL EQUIPMENT ,BUT NO POOL OR TANNING SALONS OR SAUNA ...... BUT I LOVE IT .... 2.50 A WK WHAT MORE CAN I ASK FOR :)

SOZ BOUT CAPS , DIDNT REALISE LOL
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    My Basement.

It's free.

BenderFitness.com is also free.

FitnessBlender.com is also free.

I like free! :)
  • MelBristol
    Options
    I live in England and prepaid 340 pounds for a year. They usually charge 34 per month if you pay by direct debit. Been a member for 5 months now. The main gym is quite small, free weights, 3 treadmills, 2 x trainers, 3 bikes, 1 rowing and 1 step machine. There are 2 multi gym machines too, a bench and a couple of Swiss balls. What I like the most is the heated swimming pool. I've just had a great 40 min splash :) Because my gym is in a hotel, they give you a fresh towel and toiletries every time and the showers are exceptionally clean compared to the previous gym (no pool) in the local university where everything was dirty and broken. Membership there was 24 pound per month but I'm so much happier to pay a little more for what I get now!
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    World Gym - $10 bucks a month and it's open 24 hours
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i see you're in cali. 24 hour fitness might be a good deal. they seem to have lots of locations, i think it's like $40 a month and you get the equipment and classes but they are open 24 hours.

i can't really vouch for them though. i got to a swanky gym where i pay a lot (a lot in cali terms) but i like clean towels, less crowded gym, and most importantly the outdoor heated swimming pool and steam room, sauna and hot tub :laugh:
  • geeniusatwurk
    geeniusatwurk Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    24 fitness, think I paid the first and last month up front, and have been paying 27.99 a month since. I could find cheaper but as a night shift worker I need the 24 hour availability.
  • itsdonna35
    Options
    I re-joined Planet Fitness. I like it; clean, lots of machines and very helpful and friendly staff (members too).
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Gym membership is unnecessary :smile: I lost nearly 60lbs and have kept it off for over a year so far with just plain old walking and running, a mini trampoline, a set of dumb bells and a couple of exercise dvds!
  • bordsilly
    bordsilly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree Planet Ftiness!!!
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My living room. It's free. I save gas money, my kids do it with me sometimes. Work out 's free on you tube or you can buy them. Perfect for me all the way around especially in the winters up here in Michigan.
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I live in NZ and go to Les Mills, absolutely love the classes I do there, it is about US$80 per month, but unfortunately nothing is cheap here (the cheapest 24 hr gyms are about US$38), we pay for living on the other side of the world.
  • genieangel
    Options
    The YMCA, not only do they have strength training / circuit, but they have dance / aerobics, rumba, water aerobic classes, swimming, and more... and reasonable too. I think $35 a month, but with all they have to offer I think it's a good deal.
    (only $10 a month for silver sneakers for those of you that are on a managed Medicare program)
  • AJTDavid
    AJTDavid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I attend 'The Gym' which is (for the moment) £10.99 per month - it is great has everything (except swimming pool) and open 24/7 which means I can go at 10.00 in the evening if I want to
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'd say look for a 24 hour gym... Not sure whats out in California, but for my 24 hr gym with classes included, I paid 33.50 a month.

I now switched to a wellness center, and it's twice as much money but a lot less crowded and has more of what I need.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Gym membership is unnecessary :smile: I lost nearly 60lbs and have kept it off for over a year so far with just plain old walking and running, a mini trampoline, a set of dumb bells and a couple of exercise dvds!

unnecessary? so all this time i've spent in the gym has just been wasted??? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I did go to Planet Fitness but I outgrew that quickly when I started lifting weights.

Currently a member of LA Fitness, but they only have 1 squat rack and close too early so I'm looking at other options.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    The rec center at the university I work for, they take $10 out of my pay check and it has everything. 4 squat racks, 1 deadlifting platform, dumbbells up to 150#s, every work out class you can imagine. Only downside it is pretty crowded with knuckleheads.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    The YMCA, not only do they have strength training / circuit, but they have dance / aerobics, rumba, water aerobic classes, swimming, and more... and reasonable too. I think $35 a month, but with all they have to offer I think it's a good deal.
    (only $10 a month for silver sneakers for those of you that are on a managed Medicare program)

THIS ^^^

the one I go to the staff is super friendly, and I don't feel like just an anonymous face in the crowd. The front desk staff call me by name--before I scan my card--and the trainer, who I have never hired, always greets me with a smile and we chat pretty much daily.