Snack and breakfast help

Options
Good morning! I work at a child care center and need some very quick ideas for healthy breakfasts and snacks. Here's my 'issues'. I start at 6 am and once I'm in my classroom, I'm pretty much stuck in there because I can't leave the children alone and in the mornings we are low on staff due to low children. Also, I can't have anything with peanut butter or nuts because our center is nut free. I usually have dannon yogurt and I'm kind of getting tired of it. Any quick and helpful ideas are greatly appreciated! Thank you and have a great weekend!!

Sharon

Replies

• vg8pr0
    vg8pr0 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I "hard-boiled" enough eggs to last the week and it seems to be helping. I noticed that the snack foods have to be ready to grab and go or I might grab something more caloric. My husband uses Clif Bars as his breakfast and snack. Have a great Friday.
  • saradurb
    Options
    Morning Sharon!! I am also an early riser as I have to be into work at 5am. I find my options are limited as well unless I want to get up even earlier to make breakfast lol. Not sure what appliances you have access to but I like to switch it up sometimes and bring an egg and just scramble it in the microwave, sugar free instant oatmeal made in a cup with the water from the coffee pot, or even on the go protein shakes or bars help me hump through the morning hours...~Sara
  • Earguy
    Earguy Posts: 35
    Options
    Fruit. Apples have a satisfying texture and a need for chewing that help you feel full. Bananas have been shown to give a you feeling of fullness that lasts, they're called the "hunger buster."

Small protein bars (under 200 calories). I like the flavor of Zone Perfect bars, and I can get them in the grocery store, even Sams Club. The full-sized bars are called "meal replacement bars" for a reason, I don't consider them a snack.

If you can keep them chilled, a slice of turkey rolled up with a slice of cheese is quite yummy too. Just figure out the calories for each and write it down.

Hope this helps.