Looking for others in the same boat! Pcos

Options
Hi! I'm Chelsea I'll be 24 in just a few days I'm a mom of two miracle fertility babies... Ok toddlers now. I have been battling my pcos for going on 8 years it makes weight loss even harder! Are there any ladies that are working their booties off to get the weight off w pcos? I'm currently 315 biggest I've ever been:( last year I lost 40lbs an in the last 5 mo or so put it back on. I'm back at it an I am determined not to give up, I will not accept defeat. I think this is the most determined I've ever been actually. Feel free to add me! I'd love support an love to give it as well!!

Replies

• heathercofflin
    Options
    Hi Chelsea, I am Heather - added you as a friend earlier. I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago but had NO IDEA what it meant until recently. My doctor didn't really explain to me the impact it could and would have on my life. After reading many posts from different people on MFP, I have realized that my symptoms are not in my head and are valid. There are some days where it is a struggle to get out of bed - then there are evenings where I sit on the couch and can't hold my head up. The only thing the doctor said that stuck with me was, "Your hormones are a walking mess!" That is true!

I have 3 kids and I have recently started trying a low GI diet. Not too bad but I LOVE carbs. So, the fact that I've been able to stick with this diet for going on a week now, I am proud. I am at my heaviest as well (244). My thought on signing up for MFP was to find people to encourage each other through our journey. Hope that is what we can do!! :) Good luck to you!
  • Lovett123
    Lovett123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too have PCOS. I was diagnosed with it in September 2012 and it explained a lot! Like Heather, I have days where I literally cannot think of a reason to live and I'm my own worst enemy. All of my weight is around my stomach as is common with PCOS sufferers and I think it makes it ten times harder to lose the weight! I went from being about 10 stone to 12 and a half stone in 1 year! But my goal now is to cut out all the junk and work my butt off in the gym! I have a holiday coming up in August so I would like to lose 2 stone by August... I hope I can do it!

Good luck to you, I know how hard it is. You are not alone :)
  • Chelseajohnson89
    Options
    Thank you ladies! It's amazing once you finally get the diagnosis of pcos, an figure out what it does to a person how validated you feel! My hormones are a walking mess as well. For the last 2 mo all I have been able to do is lay on the couch! Yesterday an today I feel rested and am wide awake w energy. I carry the majority of my weight in my stomach area an legs. Thankfully as big as I am I atleast still am proportional. How sad is it that I would be utterly happy w a size 14/16, or 225-250 even! Thank you for the support! If you have any questions about pcos I am sure I can answer them been going to an RE since the beginning for it.