Using this with 5/2 diet and runtastic app!

Options
Hi,
I have decided to try the 5/2 diet and the book I read recommended this app which also led me on to runtastic app. I started using them yesterday and as I walk the dogs a lot I use runtastic to monitor my walking (I am already using runkeeper for running). Anyway - so far I think it is great! The fact you can save your own "recipes" looks ideal - I am saving my favourite foods in there - like when I have a sunday dinner it is usually with the same ingredients so I save it all as one recipe and it will save me time loading the meal into myfitnesspal!!! I love the fact it removes calories for exercise too... although on my 2 fasting days I only look at calories consumed and ignore the exercise figures as this is part of the 5/2 diet!

Love it so far!!

Replies

• Squatbenchrepeat
    Options
    I hope you have success!

I was on more of a 3/4 fast diet when I first started it - but if you love food it would be hard to do! Granted I just couldn't go without eating for so long so after about 5 weeks I stopped. It actually made me appreciate food more, and it makes your body know the difference from 'hungry' and 'hunger'. Just make sure on fast days you get some sort of BCAA or nutrients in to stay healthy!
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    hi there,

I'm doing 5/2 too. How many calories do you eat on your fasting days?

Good luck and best wishes
    Mimi
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Wife and I have been on the 5:2 regime since August and it works really well for us.
    My wife eats 500 cals on the two fast days but I cheat a bit and work on net 600 calories (eating back exercise cals).

Saw Michael Mosley on telly the other morning plugging his new book:
    "The Fast Diet: The Secret of Intermittent Fasting - Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer"
  • yuridayananda
    Options
    What is 5/2 ? LOL
  • Angie1366
    Options
    I am doing the 500 calorie fast. Yesterday was my first attempt and I was just a little over - about 520. But I was fine! I love food... which is why I think this is a good diet as it is ONLY a day after all!!! It will be my mantra...

IT'S ONLY A DAY!!!! Haha!

I have decided to find a few 500 cal meal plans I like and plan them early to avoid the kitchen as much as I can! Yesterday I was working and took soup and water and kept busy.

Good Luck!
  • Angie1366
    Options
    It's where you eat what you like for 5 days of a week but for two days you eat minimal calories. Google it.... The two days are not consecutive so some people pick a Monday and a Thursday...

You may eat your supper Sunday as normal, then Monday drink water and tea/coffee, eat 500 0r 600 (men) calories, but on the Tuesday morning start eating as normal again.

Not as complicated as it looks.