Using the Wii Fit...

Options
Just wondering what everyone's opinion on this is?

Can it be a useful weight loss tool? Or a complete waste of time?

Replies

• LissieBitts
    Options
    I say it's better than not doing anything! It might be a fun way to get you/anyone started! I have it havent used it in a long time. its too slow and not enough burn. But it is more of a burn than lounging on the couch and playing a different Wii game :-)
  • cetim
    cetim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Any form of exercise is better than none. I am starting to use it on non lifting days, so I don"t have to go to the gym everday, especially on cold days when you just want to go home. I do the sports, especially like the boxing. I just got Zumba core abs. I am not much of a dancer and am horrible at following line dances and aerobics. But I enjoy the music and it does seem a little fun. I try hard and actually sweat a bit, as if i was pushing myself on a tread mill. Good luck.
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight when I originally got the Wii Fit...but then, got a bit slack :(

Some of the games are really good though - I love the boxing, cycling and hula hooping. I used to love the kung fu one too but I always seem to manage to stuff my neck up doing the double punch! The muscle work outs are really good too, particularly if you get weights for the remote and nunchuck!

Other Wii games are good too though, like Zumba or Just Dance.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Back in 2010 I lost around 7lbs by collecting 45 minutes in my FitPiggy every day. So it definitely can be used as a weight loss tool, but these days it's too slow for me.