Thinking about starting NRLFW.

Options
I'm thinking about starting New Rules of Lifting for Women today, depending on how crazy my gym is. Any suggestions/hints/tips/advice?

Replies

• Bardane
    Bardane Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am just starting New Rules of Lifting for Life! Age and injury sent me to this first, but I hope to follow with New Rules of Lifting for Women. I have been trying to get my head around my warm up and some of the different ways of doing things.

I know it will be hard work, but I am excited to see how it goes and determined to finish. So sorry, no advice or hints, as I am in the same position. :tongue:
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    :smile: Here are the two workouts broken down as to actually doing them....

NRLFW Phase 1 Workout A Day 1 = 15 reps of the following circut: Squats (15lb bar, I need to add weight way to easy), Squats, Pushups (did three sets fo 5), Seated Rows (55lbs), Pushups, Seated Rows, Step Ups (10lb each hand), 8 reps of Prone Jacknife (knees on the ball), Step Ups, and 8 reps of Prone Jacknife

NRLFW Phase 1 Workout B Day 2 = 15 reps of the following circut:: Deadlifts (45lb bar), Deadlifts, Dumbbell Shoulder Press (12lbs each hand), Wide Grip Lat Pull Down (55lbs), Dumbbell Shoulder Press, Wide Grip Lat Pull Down, Lunge (10lb each hand, had to break it into 2 sets of 5 which means I only did 10 but my thighs were SCREAMING!!!), 8 reps of Swiss-ball Crunch (12lb dumbbell held over head), Lunge, and 8 reps of Swiss-ball Crunch

The Prone Jacknife and the swiss-ball crunch reps go up over the workouts while the others go down. Start with a "lighter" weight for the more reps and increase the weight when you lower the reps. You want a weight that you find challenging on the last 3-2 reps but can still finish in good form. FORM IS EVERYTHING.If you find the weight too heavy or light, switch. You can switch after a couple reps or after the full set, your choice. You will do a total of four workouts at 15 reps (1A/1B/2A/2B) and then go to 12 reps for a total of four workouts (3A/3B/3A/3B)... then down to 10 reps and finally 8 reps for the last four. All the while the reps for the prone jacknife and swiss-ball crunch go up.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!! :bigsmile:
  • Squatbenchrepeat
    Options
    Advice would be stay with it! Lifting is really technical and complicated for some people, especially if you haven't ever lifted before! Don't worry about ramping up weight as fast as you can, focus on form first!

Eat enough and depending on your goal eat at maintenance or over if you want to gain muscle/get lean - or if you want to lose weight eat at a small deficit! Keep those muscles fueled!
  • GatorGirl0890
    GatorGirl0890 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded that to my Kindle this morning! And then left my Kindle at home when I went to the gym...but looking forward to starting tomorrow! Hope it goes well for you.
    I'm thinking about starting New Rules of Lifting for Women today, depending on how crazy my gym is. Any suggestions/hints/tips/advice?
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I just got it too and am reading through it. There is a group here on MFP for people doing it or thinking about it, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-

-Kat