Overweight Bride :)

Options
Hi Guys!

My name is Sarah and I am officially starting my weight loss for my wedding in July! Ive even ordered a wedding dress 1 size too small so that it will motivate me.

I am 5'3". I weigh 178.5 pounds. I would love to weight about 140lbs! Thats the ultimate goal! Although I have set myself some smaller goals aswell!

I think this program/app is absolutely amazing, and better than anything I could pay to use, such as WW and SW!

Replies

• deege84
    Options
    Hello,

I wish you good luck. It can be done! I am also looking to lose about 30lbs by May!!
  • sjr4291
    sjr4291 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thankyou! Are you getting married also?
  • lili0lash
    Options
    Good luck!
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Definitely good luck and keep pushing
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    We are in the same boat! I am getting married in December and I would like to lose a pretty good amount as well. Good Luck and Congrats!
  • mituk
    mituk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I'm a 5' 3" summer-bride-to-be too (my wedding is end of August!) Best of luck! :D
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I used this site to stay focused in order to get ready for my wedding last September and maintain since then...it works as hard as you do! Good luck and have fun!
  • deepuckett1
    deepuckett1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sarah, congratulations! I love this site, it helps keep me on track. I've lot 43 lbs using it since Jan 2012. As you can see, I am not breaking any speed records but I am making this a life change. I encourage you to do that as well. You will be a beautiful bride!
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Well... you've come to the right place. Stick to it and you will certainly lose the 30 lbs. you are hoping for. Good luck to you and congratulations on your engagement!
  • cargilb
    cargilb Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

I lost about 45 pounds in 6 months by dieting and exercising. I kept my calorie intake initially at about 2000 calories a day until i lost the first 30-40 pounds and then tweeked my calorie intake to under 2000, about 1800 a day, when i got under 200 lbs. I am 5'11".
    In addition to the dieting I exercised like a mad man. I have been an avid bicyclist for about 20 years. I stopped riding about 4 or 5 years ago and put on weight. I rode 30 to 60 miles every saturday and rode some smaller rides of about 10 to 30 miles 1 or 2 more times on the week days. It took me 2 years to build the strength and stamina to ride like that.

good luck with the wedding and the marriage.
  • kimchiandblue
    Options
    Congratulations! We are almost identical. When I started my weight loss, I was about 186. and I stand at 5'3". I lost the first 7 pounds doing a strict diet and finally got back down to the 70's range. I tried everything - diet and exercise combo, no carbs, protein drinks, you name it. Then I was introduced to a system that helped me lose and additional 30 pounds and has gotten me to 146 this very morning! I wish you the best of luck. If you need any advice, message me!
  • tlsmith718
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement! You can do anything you set your mind to! Think every day "I will do this!" But also remember that the man asked you to marry him because he loves YOU for YOU! No matter what you look like now, he loves you for who you are right now! Be kind to yourself! BTW, my goal is to lose 35 pounds by May!
  • Trich25
    Trich25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you. Congrats on your engagement and wedding and good luck on your journey. Just keep your eyes on the prize. I'm sure you'll meet your goal, July is plenty of time. If you're not taking a weight loss supplement already or sensitive to caffeine, or have any illnesses, you should try Pro Clinical Hydroxycat Max for Women, it has really been working for me. I was losing without even changing my diet at first, and it gives you so much energy.
  • sjr4291
    sjr4291 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thankyou all so much for your kind comments! Its great to have you all to chat to! :)
  • sweetpickle84
    sweetpickle84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it & congrats on your wedding!:)
  • emboch
    emboch Posts: 60
    Options
    Congrats on your wedding :)

I am getting married in 2014 and looking to lead a healthy lifestyle.

feel free to add me
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Your goals are reasonable - GOOD LUCK :flowerforyou:
    It won't be easy, and make sure you have a good follow-up plan post honeymoon to stay on track with your health and fitness goals.
    And congratulations!
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding and good luck to you in yor weight loss :) you can do it just have faith in you!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" too and started off about 172, now down to 128, you can defo do this! Good luck on your weight loss and wedding :drinker:
  • pamhenderson7
    pamhenderson7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined myself and absolutely LOVE it!!! I had thought about ww's too and I have done it before and been successful but tired of keepin up with points this is much easier and fun at the same time!!!! I love that I have this app on my phone too!!! Your post inspires me because you have a special goal to achieve!!! Good Luck and Congratualtions!!:):smile: