Looking for fitness pals who are starting the C25K program.

Options

Replies

• Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you're talking about, Bleux! And it's huge for me, because I used to despise running.
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    Yes, I use to hate running too. I tried many times to like it, but it never stuck. I have knee issues, that have improved as I have worked out and strenthened my quads to help suppost them. I am hoping that by easing into it with the C25K I will be able to keep going. Ok, so W1D3 is done. I am really proud of myself today. After completing the 30 minutes, I continued for another 15 minutes, mostly walking but I did do a couple of one minute jogging intervals. Here are the results (just for the C25K, extra 15 min not added):
    29:45 Minutes
    4.56 km
    6:31 min/km

Ran a bit further and a bit faster! Yeah!!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Sunsh1ne & Bleux, I'm glad you are both liking running, it really makes a difference in sticking with something if you enjoy it.
    I ran today but could not get my ipod to work so no podcast. I'll have to see what it's problem is, sometimes I don't like technology.
  • Bleux
    Options
    Ok, week two started today. First 90 second jog interval my legs felt like they were tied to the ground and it was all I could do to lift them up. Don't know what that was about. Felt better after that.

W2D1 completed:
    30:38 minutes
    4.8 km
    6:23 min/km

Walked an additional 2.5km after run. Looking forward to day 2 on Friday.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    I've noticed that too - the first running interval seems like the hardest, but once you've warmed up it gets easier.

I missed my Tuesday run :frown: I had a stomach thing yesterday and I just couldn't eat all day; I knew I didn't have the energy for a run. I'm feeling much better today, though, so I'm back on track for tomorrow! I'm excited to FINALLY finish week 4 and move on to week 5 on Sunday.
  • Bleux
    Options
    Sorry to hear you were ill Sunny. It always throws off my groove! Glad to hear you are excited to finish the week and start the next one! Tomorrow is W2D2, looking forward to it!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I love this program. I ran 8 minutes twice yesterday and went a whole mile in that 8 minutes. This makes me feel really good because I really struggled on Week 1 Day 1 and now I'm outrunning people much younger than I am. Good luck to you!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Try the numerous Couch to 5k threads in the Motivation & Support thread. There are at least three. Please search the threads before posting a duplicate.

The threads started earlier might be further along than this one. There's no reason why they can't post whatever thread they want to. You don't have to go into them.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    I love this program. I ran 8 minutes twice yesterday and went a whole mile in that 8 minutes. This makes me feel really good because I really struggled on Week 1 Day 1 and now I'm outrunning people much younger than I am. Good luck to you!

Holy cow, you're running an eight minute mile? :noway: That's incredible!
  • Bleux
    Options
    W2D2 completed yesterday morning at 6:00 am... yes on a Satruday!

Time: 30:32
    DIstance: 4.58
    Average: 6:40 min/km

Ran a little slower, not sure why. I took a different direction, so perhaps that is it. Tomorrow is W2D3 then on to week 3. Still feeling good running, never run down or anything, so that is good.
  • Bleux
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. W2D3 completed this afternoon. Felt strong the whole time and tried to pick up my pace a little.

Time: 27:05
    Distance: 4.33km
    Av. KM: 6:15min/km

My average minutes per kilometer went down quite a bit, 8 seconds from my best yet time, W2D1. Looking forward to starting week three. How's everyone else doing?
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    FINALLY finished week 4 today, and I feel great! This is the best run I've had in almost two weeks - I blame my allergies. I'm really looking forward to starting week 5, but realistically I know I may need to redo week 4.
  • Bleux
    Options
    Good for you Sunny! I am starting week 3 today. I wanted to get it done with this morning, but 6:00 came so early, I decided to eat a slow breakfast and a nice cup of coffee instead! Will get my run in after work instead.
  • Bleux
    Options
    W3D1 = Felt good, not easy, but doable.

Time: 25:53
    Distane: 4.07 km
    Av/km: 6:21 min/km
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Good job! It gets more and more challenging, but it's sooooo worth it.
  • Bleux
    Options
    Yes I agree. And I am enjoying it more than I use to. I think it is more the sense of accomplishment that I am enjoying. I am going to sign up for my first ever run on 16th May. It is a 5k. I will only be about week 6 or so, but am looking forward to it just the same. My main goal is to run the New Year's Eve run (also a5km) in under 30 mintues, but I am no where close to that now. I look forward to improving though. There are loads of runs to sign up for this summer and I may just have to participate in a few!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Go for it! You just might surprise yourself. :smile:

W5D1 today, and I feel really proud of myself for pushing through the last run - I had some doubts at the beginning but I refused to listen to them, and I made it through just fine. (Feeling like I was gonna die, but I made it.) I'm a little intimidated by the 20-minute run at the end of this week, though. It seems like the program is making some really big jumps, and I'll try them, but I'm not sure I'll make it the first time.
  • Bleux
    Options
    Good job Sunny. I am finding that as it gets more difficult, and I get nervous about the longer running times, that when the time comes to do them, they aren't as bad as I thought. Good luck to you and I am sure it will be just fine. Running W3D2 today.
  • Bleux
    Options
    W3D2 = Felt like crap. Ate only an hour before running, didn't plan very well. It got better on the last 3 minute interval. Got a really good time and faster average KM, so I guess I didn't do as badly as I felt. Feel awesome now :-) Happy Running!

Time: 25:55
    Distance: 4.16km
    Av/KM: 6:13 min/km
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I'd love to sign up if i'm not too late.

Despite my name i'm not what you would call a runner, although i was chased by an angry bee once :O)

I started C25K on Monday and will be doing W1 D3 in the morning.

I think the podcasts really help with motivation.

Does anyone workout on their rest days ?