My one year progress

Options
Last year (today) I did the first fit test for Insanity. I completed 1 1/2 cycles of Insanity (3 1/2 months) then started TurboFire in March/April. I've been doing mostly TurboFire with some running and Insanity thrown in.

Last month I started Chalean Extreme with running and TurboFire for cardio.

I started eating 1200, then upped it to 1360 or something.. I've played with calories trying to find a good number.. but it changes all the time.. I just try to stay under 1400. I will also say that i am not as strict as some. I make the best choices as much times as I can, but don't shoot myself If i have a cupcake or two once in awhile. As I am learning how to do this for the rest of my life, i am also being an example to my two boys (6 and 8) and I don't want them to learn to angst over food. I want to show them a healthy respect and appreciation for eating and exercise.

In June my DH and I did a juice fast thingy, only lasted 4 days (I missed chewing!). Coming off the 4 day fast I was off of caffeine and meat. Which was not my intention, but it happened. So, now the only caffeine i get is from tea and my meat fish or sometimes from pizza. cuz pizza meats don't count :)

So, I started with a weight of 183 (january 3, 2012) and today I am 155.2. 28 pounds (although before weights I was at 151!!) I haven't taken measurements yet. oh and I am 37 (38 this year) and 5'6
So, without further ado, here are my pics. eeek
DSC03515.jpg day one
DSC09122_zpsbffbb9e0.jpg day 365
DSC03519_zpsc72c1ae2.jpg Day one
DSC09124_zps55f071bb.jpgday 365
DSC03518.jpgday one
DSC09123_zpsb78a96f1.jpg day 365

Replies

• StephanieJoy24
    Options
    You look great!! Definitely a noticeable different!! Congrats girl!!! :) are you still going strong?!!
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    Wonderful!!!! You look amazing!!!!! Congrats!!
  • spalmer27
    Options
    AWESOME! Very Inspiring
  • HeinzPrincess
    Options
    Great job!!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great work. Well done.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    TERRIFIC
  • frosty1158
    Options
    WOW!!! I am trying to follow in your footsteps!!! Great job!!!
  • Saunz5
    Saunz5 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing person! Have I told you that lately? That is great work right there! I'm very proud of you! :o)
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    You look great!! Definitely a noticeable different!! Congrats girl!!! :) are you still going strong?!!

Thanks. I am probably NOT as accountable as I should. Instead of doing a routine 6 days a week, it ends up being between 3-5 days a week. i am at the point that i have 10-15 pounds I want to lose, but I am happy to loose it slower now. I have to learn how to be able to maintain in "real" life and not "Insanity" life.

My goal has always been 140 by 40. So i have two years to lose 15 pounds. I am shooting for 7-12 this year.

Anyway. Thanks. :)
  • sassyjvg
    Options
    Wow, that's results! You look a lot younger too which is a bonus for most! Congrads and keep going.
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great work. It nice to see such realistic goals and results! You rock and we look forward to your next progress post. keep it up!
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations. :flowerforyou:
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow huge difference!! good for you!! :)
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and such an inspiration!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    Thanks everyone! If i hit my goal for this year early, i'll post another progress pic. :)
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Great job keep at it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!