Something that may help....

Options
When I lost 30 lbs. a year and a half ago, I wrote my meals down for each day on a 4x6 index card and kept them on my kitchen counter in full view (one card per day) so I could see it each time I walked into the kitchen to look for something to eat.

When I was tempted to cheat on the diet...I could look down and see what I was actually supposed to eat for the day then my reasoning would set in and more often than not (not always though), I could talk myself out of whatever I was looking for.

It truly helped me gain self control over my unnecessary eating.

Needless to say, those index cards were again placed on my kitchen counter 2 days ago.

Hope it helps you too!

Replies

• cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thank You. Good idea. I am trying a variation on that idea with puttng the calorie sugar fat or carb count printed on the card near the food, it helps you think twice before indulging. : )
  • nickielouise36
    nickielouise36 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    good idea.. i have little sayings on a cupboard door inside..but leave open when no vistors.. i also had skinny pics and me at my fattest pics.. but took them down as i couldnt cope seeing them xxxx
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do that too! My big girl pics are going on my mirror in the bathroom - it is the first thing I will see each day. They don't really bother me, now I am over the initial shock of seeing them (I generally don't get my pics taken, certainly not a full frontal or side view) and the hope is that they will motivate me to keep going. Week one almost done and I am actually excited.....now if only I have that feeling two months from now :happy: Have a great day!

BTW - I love your profile saying - I was scolding myself just the other day saying the same thing! I should have been posting "after pics" by now!
  • lhalket
    lhalket Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do that too! My big girl pics are going on my mirror in the bathroom - it is the first thing I will see each day. They don't really bother me, now I am over the initial shock of seeing them (I generally don't get my pics taken, certainly not a full frontal or side view) and the hope is that they will motivate me to keep going. Week one almost done and I am actually excited.....now if only I have that feeling two months from now :happy: Have a great day!

BTW - I love your profile saying - I was scolding myself just the other day saying the same thing! I should have been posting "after pics" by now!

You'll get there - all good things come to those who wait, right? I'm quickly learning about portion control...think that is a huge key to success.