Shrink but my weight is not

Options
I'm wondering why I'm shrinking in size but my weight is staying about the same?

Replies

• sheenmarie3
    sheenmarie3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I’ve noticed that too, I believe I’m getting toned and gaining muscle.
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Because you are building muscle at the same time you are losing fat and 1 lb of muscle takes up less mass or volume than 1 lb of fat.
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Because you are building muscle at the same time you are losing fat and 1 lb of muscle takes up less mass or volume than 1 lb of fat.
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    The scale is only one number, although many of us deem it the most important number. Weight loss can be measured in many other ways... how clothes fit, how you look in the mirror, measuring waist, hips, neck.... , etc. You may lose inches one week and not weight, or vice versa. We have to remember to take into account other ways of measuring a loss other than just the scale. I know it is hard but there is more than one way to view a result.
  • mommak07
    mommak07 Posts: 3
    Options
    :wink: i agree that weight is not just a number. to me i still weight the same amount but i went from a size 22 to 18 so im losing it somewhere
  • juniet83
    juniet83 Posts: 2
    Options
    Oooh okay. I believe I'm getting muscle. Thanks for the answers.:happy:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Measure! That's really the best indicator. :happy: I thought I wasn't losing weight and then I got measured one month after my original measurements and I had lost an inch almost everywhere...so don't lose heart! Start measuring now and then check it in 2 weeks and if you're not losing weight, I highly doubt you won't see a difference in the measure tape!!!