New to MFP! Need support and encouragment! :)

Options
My name is Stefanie and I just started MFP on 1/2/13. My goal is to lose at least 100lbs and I need some support and encouragement!!! I am determined to do it and so far have been doing well. I am tracking everything I eat and am coming in just below my required calories for each day!

I love to see before and after pics, that is such an incentive for me, so if your willing to share that would be great!

Have a great day everyone! :smile:

Replies

• jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Welcome friend! Let the journey begin. I wish you much success in your quest. That's why we are all here. The support we need makes all the difference in the road we take. I know you will find the strength to get to where you want to be. Add me if you want. I just joined yesterday...so i'm new also.
  • fleananthony
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too :)

You will do great! Also, be realistic. Not everyday will be a good day, so if you fall, dust off and get back on that horse!!!! One mishap does not mean the demise of your diet.

Best of luck to you!

Sarah
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tori...I just joined MFP right after the holidays. My boyfriend got me a FitBit for Christmas and I heard it works hand-in-hand with MFP. I've NEVER tracked my food or activity before so this process has been a real eye-opener, even after 2 weeks! I have lots of days where I would just love to down a pizza with some ice cold beer- so I need some encouragement too! If we can hold each other accountable and have someone in our back pocket for those rough days, I think we can all hit our goals! It's gonna be tough, we're gonna have our bad days, but it would be so nice to have some outside support :) so I'll be there for ya!
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    welcome all to MFP. i had started Dec. 2011 but didnt really get the hang of it until last October. Having friends for support and encouragement go a long way!! feel free to add me!
  • Miller118
    Options
    I am looking for friends as well. My goal is to lose 150lbs. i know it will take a long time but it will be easier with friends so if you would like you can add me!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting your journey to good health! I like to focus on being healthy and let the rest follow! Like others have said don't let set backs get you down just get up the next day and do better.
  • RonJr88
    RonJr88 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your journey to loose weight.I will accept all friend request and will send requests.We all need the support to get through this.
  • Trich25
    Trich25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Sands,

I am also looking to lose at least 100lbs! The thought of it is scarey and exciting at the same time.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome and best of luck. I'll send request. I am a bit over half way to 100lbs. You can do this!!
  • CocoCerise
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! Same to anyone else!
  • msharvey21
    msharvey21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome! My long term goal is 42lbs and my short term goal is 10lbs by 2/8/13! You can do it and feel free to add me.
  • LynnieLuWho
    Options
    Hey! :flowerforyou:

Believe me, I understand what you mean about needing support and encouragement. I just started with MFP also and want to lose 100 pounds. O.O I need to keep a food journal each day...I think it will help me see where I am missing the boat and will also help me keep track of my blood sugar.
    Good luck to us...we CAN do this, girl! <3
  • Slaci_Jo
    Slaci_Jo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • airforceready13
    Options
    Hi! IM Julie. I just joined today after my friend told me it helped her lose 60 pds. Id like a friend and some encouragement as
    well as a person to keep me accountable.. what are you doing to change your habits? love that we picked the same weight ticker down to the purple butterfly. lol
    add me if you want! ttyl
  • jdim1093
    jdim1093 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My New Year's Resolution is to help someone stick with it past February. I've been on MFP a year and have lost 70 pounds. I have 40 to go.

I run a group called "A Goal A Month" and it is all about setting small, ACHIEVABLE monthly goals and tracking them on the spreadsheet. All are welcome!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5406-a-goal-a-month

Check it out and feel free to join (and friend me!)

John
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    Hello Stefanie, you have made a great decision in joining mfp just remember it is only a tool to help keep you motivated all the work will be up to you. Have you made plans on a certain kind of workout routine yet? for me the best way to stay motivated is to make plans as far as what to eat and establish a workout regimen. Also it will allow you to make it as part of your lifestyle to achieve a long term result as well. Best of luck!
  • pmcovert415
    pmcovert415 Posts: 1,472
    Options
    Hello all you beautiful people....I am Paulena from OH I have been on MFP since about April and have used it on and off and know I do better when I use it!!! That is one of my resolutions to use the program EVERYDAY! I have lost 71lbs since last February....however I have 37 pounds to my goal...So anyone who would like to be my fitness buddy and keep my accountable please feel free to add me and I too will be your cheerleader! Let's do this weight loss thing together!
  • Rileybeagle
    Rileybeagle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stefanie: Welcome to the MFP community. Stick to your program and it does work. As others have said, don't worry about an off day...look at the week in whole and if you're at your goal (or below) you're doing well. The long term benefit is how you change your eating habits as a result of the program (less dumb snacking, more awareness of the type of food and the amount of food you eat). I met my goal four months ago and have not gained a pound since. It feels great!
  • pmcovert415
    pmcovert415 Posts: 1,472
    Options
    My name is Stefanie and I just started MFP on 1/2/13. My goal is to lose at least 100lbs and I need some support and encouragement!!! I am determined to do it and so far have been doing well. I am tracking everything I eat and am coming in just below my required calories for each day!

I love to see before and after pics, that is such an incentive for me, so if your willing to share that would be great!

Have a great day everyone! :smile:

If I could figure how to share a pic I would!!
  • kslibbin
    kslibbin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just got the fitbit for myself after my bestie told me about it. I love it!