looking for fellow supermom's

Options

Replies

• msjane4j
    Options
    Hello everyone, I feel the same way. After work and school and kids, who has time to worry about eating right and exercise? But I want to. I want to wear cute clothes and feel good about myself again. I am ready for a change and I want to loose 40 lbs to start with. I weigh more now than I did when I was 9 months pregnant. That was 12 years ago. I need help staying motivated as well.
  • momoftwo75
    momoftwo75 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'd love to add you as a friend and offer support!!! I'm a mom to two kids, ages 4 and 5, divorced and work full time. I've lost so much that I'm training for my first fitness competition in April! :)
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I feel the same way. After work and school and kids, who has time to worry about eating right and exercise? But I want to. I want to wear cute clothes and feel good about myself again. I am ready for a change and I want to loose 40 lbs to start with. I weigh more now than I did when I was 9 months pregnant. That was 12 years ago. I need help staying motivated as well.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. My husband was active duty when the kids were little, so I just went to the base gym around his insane work hours. Sometimes that meant I napped with the kids and went when he got home at midnight, but whatever. Sometimes we could scrape up a childcare swap in the neighborhood where one or two would watch all the kids while the others cleaned/cooked like maddogs. It worked out pretty well.
  • panshee
    panshee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I have two boys, aged 2 and 12 weeks. I'm heading back to work after maternity leave (full time, 1 hr+ commute) and have been exercising and logging food daily for the past 35 days or so, I hope I can keep it up once I'm back at work and could use some friends in the same boat to keep me motivated!!
  • TinaL99
    TinaL99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to offer support to other Supermoms! I'm a FT working Mom of 2 girls, 2.5 and 16 months. This is my year to make myself a priority. I'd love to lose 50 pounds this year and get healthy to run around with my girls!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a single mother to two kids. I work full time and I understand how hard it is. Feel free to add me.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am a fulltime mommy and student! I also volunteer locally on my free time from work & school. At first the adjustment was difficult, but I incorporated my new lifestyle changes into my busy day! Feel free to add me :)
  • skinny_me72
    Options
    I would like to be friends and help each other lose weight. I am a working mother/grandmother. I also help take care of 2 of my aunts and one uncle. I don't have a lot of time for me. I put losing weight last on the to-do list. I want to lose 50 lbs to be healthier for me and my family. I would like to look better so that I don't hide from the camera at family functions.
  • AlisonMacKay
    Options
    Hello - you all can feel free to add me! I love supermom support! I have three children (ages 6, 4, 4) I stay at home but I keep myself busy with getting my masters of social work online and my twin boys have a life threatening syndrome that requires a lot of travel time to doctors appts and therapies. I have lost over 50 lbs but took a break and gained back 20. I am looking to lose 30 pounds and get back to running on a regular basis and complete 2 half marathons this year. (with a few 5ks mixed in).
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    U can add me, I have an 11 yr old, 4 yr old, and 2 yr old and full time 3rd shift as a nurse. Between sleeping 5 hours a day and playing with kids I still get a workout in when possible:)
  • Trich25
    Trich25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi,

It's nice to meet you. I would love to add you to my circle of motivation. You can do this, I know if I can, anyone can do it lol. I'm also a mom, My husband and I have 5 kids all together, 3 that live with us, a 15 yr old (soon to be 16), 14 yr old and 7 yr old. I know all about having to be supermom and wife.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello

I am a mom of 3 and wife with a job. You can add me for support.
  • Stacylan
    Options
    You can add me...I am starting today (AGAIN) ..had to open a new account and lost all my motivational contacts. You can add me too!! I am a supermom of 2 active girls 10 and 6 and 1 dog as well. Work FT and I need to shed some weight. Anyone on this thread feel free to add me...Motivation is key :)
  • scrapingd
    scrapingd Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    me too! Mom of three, travel agent, and wife as well.. between school stuff for the kids, cheer, girl scouts, boy scouts and karate i find it hard to put myself first as well.. glad to have met you guys! I am far from my goal, i need to lose about 120 pounds..
  • Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Is that a bird? A plain? No..it's SUPERMOM !!!

lol. I have 3 boys and work as a fulltime special needs advocate. My oldest son is Autistic so a lot of time and patience is needed in my line of work/family life. I would love to be your supermom friend as well. Shoot me an invite !
  • Freedomgurl585
    Freedomgurl585 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello SUPERMOMS! I'm 28 and have three very active kids...my princess is 7 and my boys are 3 and 10 months. I work full-time mon-fri and we volunteer as often as possible. I'm here to motivate and be motivated...it's time for change. I want tobe able to keep up with my terrific three year old! Add me plz, I'm new and just begun my weight loss journey.
  • lese1030
    lese1030 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add me too!! I'm married, 2 kids, 2 cats, work, Grad school, and have a running addiction! This year is all about nutrition for me. If I would have been eating right along with all my running that I did this year, I would be smaller than I am now! Hindsight being 20/20, I'm all about clean eating this year! Let's do this SuperMoms!!
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Don't feel very super...but I am a mom! I am a single, working mom of two boys, ages 12 and 10. I started in August with 85lbs to lose...I am down 54.7 so far. I have never put myself first...I am still trying to find a balance. Would love to have friends in a similar situation. Feel free to add me!
  • lellagella
    lellagella Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would love to have you supermoms as superfriends! Who better to motivate you than a real-life multi-tasking supermom?

I am 34 and mom to three wonderful kids (5, 6 and 9), I work full-time, study part-time, have an extra part-time work plus the family and home and everything that comes with it *sigh* but I WILL get those extra pounds off. I will I will I will!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a working mom with a 3-1/2 year old and 20 month old twins!