Fiber...best ways to get it?

Options
2»

Replies

• tekeyla25
    Options
    avacado! Chia seeds,oatmeal, whole grains you can make pancakes I got I think bob mills 5 grain pancake mix,cereals,fruits
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I love beans.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Um, where's a good source for finding out fiber content of foods? Is there a section on here?

Thanks!

Use the per 100g setting to make a fairer comparison than per cup. http://nutritiondata.self.com/
  • carolineire
    carolineire Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Um, where's a good source for finding out fiber content of foods? Is there a section on here?

Thanks!

Go under settings and you can add the fiber reading on to your diary.

Thank you!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Beans, fruits, and veggies, and not everyone will agree, since these others are processed foods, but:
    Quaker high fiber instant oatmeal
    Fiber One Bars
    Thomas Light 1/3 daily fiber English muffins
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Fiber One brand foods (that's the easy way out lol). I like their bread.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Avacado
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Vegetables and whole grains.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Great fiber supplement to take each morning, called (ahem), Colonix, available on drnatura.com
    Stir -fry veggies!
    A fruit in season in the winter called apple persimmon....fantastic fiber.
    Fruits and veggies.
    Brown rice....
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, whole grain old fashioned with blueberries and nuts.
    Healthy Life 35 calorie whole wheat bread
    Greens
    Roasted vegetables. I make red bell peppers/mushrooms/onions with almost every meal that I grill or stir fry.
    Brown and wild rice
    Beans, I prefer green beans though.
    Broccoli, but make sure you take Beano!
    Apples and oranges
    Tomatoes
    Whole grain pastas
    Sometimes I take metamucil capsules but I think one whole 'serving' is 6 pills! I usually only take 2 and prefer to get my fiber from natural foods instead.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I find avocados and lentils to be especially helpful in getting lots of fiber.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    A well balanced diet. It shouldn't be too difficult. Whole grains, fruits, etc.

This. Raw vegetables. I'm almost always over on fiber because I eat vegetables with every meal.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    apples
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That's a ridiculous amount of fiber! But I go for psyllium husks (stirred into water or juice) when I need more. Otherwise, BEANS, pulses and legumes, whole grains, plenty of veg including smaller baked potatoes with skin and fruits do the trick to get me to 23+. I do favor higher fiber choicest like raspberries, raw bell peppers, quinoa etc - you can compare content if that's your goal, of course.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Raw fruits and veggies, beans, fiber one cereal. Read labels on any whole grain product and choose the one with the most fiber (an old WW trick).
  • petepie2
    petepie2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    High fiber breakfast cereals (I use Aldi's Get Balance cereals), apples, pears, bananas, beans, 100% whole grain breads and pastas, high-fiber tortillas, brown rice, etc...For sandwiches I use Sandwich Thins or something similar that has 5-6 grams of fiber per roll. I don't have any trouble getting 25-30g of fiber a day. Also, FWIW, fiber bars with chicory root do not agree with my digestive system. They're tasty...but painful. :/