Not able to manage much food?

Options
Hi, a few days after I started my diet I have noticed I feel hungry but when I eat I can only manage a small amount before feeling very full, why is this? And is it normal?

Replies

• richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Your stomach will shrink back to "normal" size which I believe is the size of your fist. if you are feeling full and you stop eating this is a good thing :smile:
  • krstfolo
    Options
    If you are not used to eating a lot of food at one time then yes it will be hard to adjust to taking in more. Try to gradually do it over time not all at once. Eat your meals like you used to but add in one snack a day outside of your meals, then after about 3-5 days, add in another snack. After a few more days add just a little more food to one meal, and so forth until you are getting the amount you need to be bringing in.

My recommendation is to break the amount of calories you are supposed to take in down into 5-6 meals and try to eat those meals every 2-3 hours depending on your daily schedule. This gives you smaller meals over a period of time and will possibly make it easier to start taking in all the calories you need. It takes a little planning out but works. Hope that all makes sense and helps.