Zumba Question

Options
I was just wondering if anyone else does Zumba on here? And if so, when you enter it what do you put it down as? I know it is cardiovascular but would it be aerobics? or general dancing? or something else.

I was not sure so I thought I would ask. Thanks!

Replies

• ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi, I do Zumba with my Wii and it tells me approximately how many calories a day I burn based on my height, weight and the number/intensity of the songs I am working out too. Zumba is like hard-core dancing !
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I used to log zumba as dancing and will only give my 120ish calories burned for 45 min class. I got a HRM and I was actually burning 350ish calories in 45mins...
  • djflowerz
    djflowerz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I went ahead and created a new exercise for Zumba under "My exercises" so that I could more accurately track my caloric burn for it. Actually, using the information on this site http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/ I created 2 new exercises, one for low-to-mid intensity Zumba workout, and one for mid-to-high intensity, using the data for my current weight. So for 60 mins at 172 lbs I burn 597 calories in a higher intensity workout and 522 calories in a lower intensity workout. I am thinking of creating a new exercise for flow/power yoga too, because that definitely burns more calories than hatha yoga.

I wish MFP would update its exercise database - it's really out of date!
  • britnik29
    britnik29 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I agree - they should update more exercises because there are so many not listed. But I think I will go ahead and just create a new exercise for it like you mentioned. Because with Zumba, I don't think 'general' dancing gives it enough credit lol.

Thanks again!
  • karrieamandakeeps
    Options
    I have the dvds and attend an occasional class. I wonder how to count the dvds on the exercise tracker, it usually takes about 50 minutes for my most liked dvd.
  • clhardy5
    clhardy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread!!! I got a Zumba Xbox game for christmas, and was going to start it this morning, but wasn't sure how to log it!!!