Levi's Fitting - two sizes too small?

Options
bennettv
bennettv Posts: 152 Member
I'm having a girls weekend with a friend. We stopped at an outlet mall on the way to a cabin. I wanted to get a shirt for one of my kids. Anyway, we ended up in the Ann Taylor shop. I realized the clothes I had on were so big they were uncomfortable. Tried on a few shirts, they felt great so I got a few. I couldn't find any pants at Ann Taylor that fit. We got the kids stuff I had wanted. Then, as we were leaving, we saw a cute top in the Levi's store so we decided to stop in. I decided to try on a pair of jeans.

EVERYONE should go to a Levi's outlet for a proper jeans fitting. The store we went to was the Anthem Outlet Mall between Phoenix and Prescott, but they have outlets all over the place. So, I tried on a pair of size 16 jeans. They gaped at the waist and puckered at the hips. I was sure they were the wrong cut for me. I also wondered if they were too snug on my thighs. The fitting room woman (I wish I could remember her name) took one look and said, those are too big and got a size 14. They had a little less gap and a little less pucker, but fit somewhat the same. She explained that these jeans wwould relax and that in the store they should be snug -- even with a little muffin top over the waist. She then got a size 12 -- holy hell, I was thinking there is no way I'm going to fit in a 12. Guess what, they were snug, but no gap in the waist and no pucker at the hips. So, I pulled out one of the Ann Taylor shrits and tried it on with the jeans. My friend commented that I looked like a completely different person than wearing the cothes I came in wearing. I looked slim. The dressing room lady futher commented that jeans should fit snug, that's how their meant to fit. She was amazing -- anyone going near that mall should stop for a fitting with her. But even if you're not in Arizona, run, don't walk to your nearest Levi's outlet and tell them your want a proper jean fitting. The manager assured us we should get the same service at every outlet and if you don't, call the parent company.

I decided to leave some of my old clothes in Arizona, someone that shops at goodwill is bound to need them, I sure don't!!!

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Awesome - congrats on the new pant size!! It's an awesome feeling when you get to that point! Growing up I was tall and skinny w/no butt :laugh: so I had to resort to Wranglers (or Cowgirl jeans, hehe) because no other cut fit me. My mom always wore Levis and now so does my husband (and dare I say he looks GOOD!). I might just have to go find me a store and try some myself!
  • mlgrimmer
    mlgrimmer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is great!! I'll have to find a Levi's store around here. Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!