P90X in an apartment

Options
I'm very interested in the P90X program, but I know that there's a plyo day and I live in an apartment on the third floor and I'm not sure if the tenants downstairs will hear me if I jump :P Do you think I could just skip the plyo day and do an hour of cardio at the gym, or is there a lot of jumping in the rest of the program? Or does anyone have a more apartment friendly suggestion?

Replies

• Nicolao2762
    Nicolao2762 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the P90x program. But I'm just about to finish up Insanity-which is a nine week program with plyo workouts and is generally pretty high impact. I live on the second floor. I also have wooden floors but find that exercising on a large rug with an exercise mat over it helps cushion the noise quite alot. I also work out barefoot to reduce noise which has been OK for me but obviously may not work for everyone.

I also workout about 8am as my downstairs neighbours have generally left for work by then. It might be worth explaining to your neighbours that you're doing a workout and asking whether doing it in the morning/evening would disturb them less.

Also, could there be a way you do the plyo workout at the gym? Maybe if you had a tablet you could follow it with the sound down..just a suggestion!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Maybe try it on a thick rug on your floor would help? Or team up with a buddy and go to their place maybe?
  • arisoh
    arisoh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It might be worth explaining to your neighbours that you're doing a workout and asking whether doing it in the morning/evening would disturb them less.

This, so much.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Definitely explain to your neighbors what you're going to be doing like someone else said. You don't want to make enemies. If I were the person below I would be annoyed if I heard lots of jumping around and such and would probably complain however if you came to me and told me what you were doing and the times I would be more apt to deal with the hour or so jumping around.
  • aldenspeer
    Options
    if youre goal is weight loss, PLYO day isn't a day you want to miss. Its intense. You could see about doing at a friend or families house or like one said ask em
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't skip Plyo, it is one of the best for burning calories. They want you to land like a cat, Tony even makes a point of it several times. I don't think it will be all that bad if you do the jumps properly. A few of the other workouts have a little jumping but not very much. I agree with the others, talk with your neighbors first, they will appreciate it and be more likely to be understanding.