What kept you motivated?

Options
valleemic
valleemic Posts: 103 Member
I'm sure many of us have tried many times to lose weight. The science/math is pretty straight forward - eat less, move more and you will lose weight. The recipe is the easy part. The hard part is sticking to it! Sometimes we succeed and get to our goals and other times, we just give up or "fall off the wagon". So, to all of you who have FINALLY succeeded, did not give up and who are maintaining, what did you do (or not do) differently this time? What kept (and keeps) you going? Was the diet plan different this time around? Did you have an "un-ha" moment? Did you join a different gym? Did you join MFP with a friend? What "clicked" for you this time around?

Thanks!

Replies

• rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yeah I would like to know this too. I have restarted for the millionth time!!
  • lckunz
    lckunz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm sure many of us have tried many times to lose weight. The science/math is pretty straight forward - eat less, move more and you will lose weight. The recipe is the easy part. The hard part is sticking to it! Sometimes we succeed and get to our goals and other times, we just give up or "fall off the wagon". So, to all of you who have FINALLY succeeded, did not give up and who are maintaining, what did you do (or not do) differently this time? What kept (and keeps) you going? Was the diet plan different this time around? Did you have an "un-ha" moment? Did you join a different gym? Did you join MFP with a friend? What "clicked" for you this time around?

Thanks!
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I wanted to graduate college as a new me not an old me, i actually put off finishing school so i can better my self. ( just need 2 more classes then im done...)

most people are probably going to say im stupid, but im not. Putting off school for this year might be the best thing for me as late night study sessions and lack of sleep and proper nutrition is hard to maintain.

also im heavily into Racing, which is also my passion, i want to be faster.. to get faster you need to do a weight reduction on the car.. this also applies to me as the owner/driver.. if i want to go faster i need to get slimmer.. believe me 100lbs makes a HUGE difference when your on the track..
  • lckunz
    lckunz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I admitted I was addicted to sugar, and with divine help through the 12 steps from AA, I've been off sugar for 75 days now. The weight is steadily and gradually coming off and I feel great. A book called Prozac not Potatoes has helped me add protein to each meal in addition to complex carbs (no white flour either). 64 oz of water a day also is helping and exercise. 22 lbs down since July!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!