New to MFP! Need support and encouragment! :)

Options
2»

Replies

• kookanddra
    Options
    I just started on 1/2 also and would be more that happy to help in anyway. I'm a mother of 2 teenage kids so I'm always giving some support and encouragment to them and their friends in some way or another. Friend me, I'll accept!! good luck to you!!! There are alot of us here for you!!
  • Jca67
    Jca67 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi,

I`m new as well, determined and raring to go. I have been on here before but never made use of what was here. Its been great the last few days and have a few new diet buddies who have been very supportive. feel free to add me if you wish.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

start here to change your body.

and check out this girl hero:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

^that's staci

this is me:

tumblr_m44d2mTfZH1qgw1f2o1_250.jpg
    ^before

5133274_5201.jpg

^during.

99 pounds gone forever.

YOU CAN do it and you know that - but what you might not realize, is that you deserve it too.
  • runningforfuture
    Options
    Welcome to the website!!

And good luck, I know you can do it!!!
  • Dominque61
    Dominque61 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    To all the folks just joining MFP, congratulations on your journey to a healthier YOU! Tracking what you eat and what exercise you get (or don't) each day lets you see what's going in and what's being used up. It will be quite enlighteing, since most of understimate what we eat, calorie wise.

I t took a while to put it on it will take while to get it off...this is a marthon, not a sprint. best wishes, and you can read the blog I just started for tips on how to stay on track!:wink:
  • angelaruti
    angelaruti Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Getting serious about getting healthy...
    RNY gastric bypass :embarassed:
    gained 40 pounds from my lowest weight...would :heart: to get rid of 20 for good!!!
  • jlati002
    jlati002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Jameka. I started MFP on 1/1/13. So far it has been really enlightening to know what exactly has been going in. I never paid much attention to calories in the past. Who knew alcohol contained sooooo much!!! My goal is to lose 30 pounds, keep it off, and be healthier :)
  • karolynnc411
    karolynnc411 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I really enjoy it here at MFP. I hope you do too. Good luck on your journey and feel free to message me at any time :)
  • gwenben57
    gwenben57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am not new to MFP but I fell off the band wagon the first time after my mother passed away in April. Now I have decided to beat grief and depression and stop eating my feelings and start up again and could use the extra encouragement. I am trying to lose 60-70lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • JigglyGinger
    Options
    I too have just started mfp 1-1-13 im learning and teaching myself healthy living. My goal is 100lbs I would LOVE the support from those on the same journey PLEASE ADD ME so we can support each other :)