Green coffee extract - Success Stories?

Options
I am using green coffee extract in addition to diet (1200 - 1300 c/day) and wonder if anyone else is and what their results/experiences/thoughts are.

I realise it is a bit of a fad thing which is why I am not relying on it, but a lifestyle change, to give me the results I am looking for. ;)

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Another one of these? Does anyone use the "search" feature???

Anyway, NO, these are a waste of your money and a placebo at best......but feel free to keep throwing your money away. As someone said before, at the very least you are keeping people employed.
  • Maribelle1978
    Options
    I have tried them over the last 3 weeks, and i had to stop them due to the fact that it was really affecting my nervous system... so i experienced some jittering, sleeplessness and anxiety... under the recommandation of my husband and pharmacist, i stopped them. The symptomes have subsided ever since...

And overall the 3 weeks, i did NOT experience ANY weight loss... but i hope your experience will be more successful! Hang in there!
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options

If everyone used the search feature, there would be no need to even have forums. Pretty much everything has already been discussed. Let her experience it for herself.
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    So sorry to post 'another one'...and if it bothers you - don't read it and don't post. Simple. In future before I have an independent thought about my own experience I will be sure to search it to see if anyone else has had it so that I don't bother people with wanting a dialogue.

Thanks for your comment though. I reckoned the same thing - but was willing to try them.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I am using green coffee extract in addition to diet (1200 - 1300 c/day) and wonder if anyone else is and what their results/experiences/thoughts are.

I realise it is a bit of a fad thing which is why I am not relying on it, but a lifestyle change, to give me the results I am looking for. ;)

why would you want to change to a wasting-money-on-dr-oz-peddled-snake-oil lifestyle?

just eat better, eat less and move more.
  • UKMarjie
    Options
    I have tried them over the last 3 weeks, and i had to stop them due to the fact that it was really affecting my nervous system... so i experienced some jittering, sleeplessness and anxiety... under the recommandation of my husband and pharmacist, i stopped them. The symptomes have subsided ever since...

And overall the 3 weeks, i did NOT experience ANY weight loss... but i hope your experience will be more successful! Hang in there!

That is interesting - I have some anxiety (not associated to this) and had an incident recently that was more severe - hadn't put it down to the extract. Food for thought.

As to the rest - having results but that is likely to do with my calorie intake. Should probably stop and see what the results are without (nice to think it is will power and not a pill).
  • UKMarjie
    Options

why would you want to change to a wasting-money-on-dr-oz-peddled-snake-oil lifestyle?

Doing the latter already but thought why not try them and see if the hype is real. Am contemplating the purchase of my next bottle hence the discussion. ;)
  • gem6885
    gem6885 Posts: 15
    Options

Anyway, NO, these are a waste of your money and a placebo at best......but feel free to keep throwing your money away. As someone said before, at the very least you are keeping people employed.

This guy is a troll. Same guy who ripped into someone asking about Biotin which is for HAIR LOSS and tried mocking her like she was taking it for her weight. Go away, dude, being a d-bag isn't cool.
  • Tinker1208
    Options
    One of my clients told me she had been taking them and lost 8 pounds in two weeks not changing her diet. I am getting married in 5 months and decided to try them out. I only started them yesterday, so I cant really tell you if they work or not. I too have anxiety and hearing all these people Im a little more skeptical about using them!
    On another note, if the pills arent giving you any bad side effects, and you are eating right and exercising, I dont see the harm in them? And dont think its because of the pill you lost weight if your doing everything else right. sometimes we just need that "motivation" to eat healthier.
  • blueiii10
    blueiii10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I also bought it and I know its kinda of a fad thing too, but I've heard mixed results on it. It worked for some people and not for others. I'm hoping it helps jump start my weight loss and especially help me stop the snacking for the first few weeks (which is my weakness :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    The scientific research on the success of using this extract as a weight loss aid is extremely preliminary and not of very good quality to boot. However, the placebo effect tends to work well on many people. Common sense tells me to save your hard earned money rather than supporting the billion dollar diet industry.

Or, keep shelling out that money. I hear raspberry ketones work just as well as green coffee extract... Dr. Oz said so!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

Doing the latter already but thought why not try them and see if the hype is real. Am contemplating the purchase of my next bottle hence the discussion. ;)

if the hype was real -- on any of the latest pills -- we wouldn't need this site to track calories.

I know people want to believe. but there's no magic pill. no matter what a TV doctor says.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options

If everyone used the search feature, there would be no need to even have forums. Pretty much everything has already been discussed. Let her experience it for herself.

you rock..that guy is a grouch.
  • UKMarjie
    Options

10/4

And I have to admit that I am of the mindset that nothing comes without work...I think if I weren't doing the calorie counting and exercise it wouldn't be happening for me. I am happy to loose anything. Spent the last year (albeit the first year of my son's life, with bfing being a large portion of that) watching the scales never move no matter how much exercise I did - so adding the calorie thing was the right move and had IMMEDIATE results.

Think I am going to abandon the pills and then see where I am at.

if the hype was real -- on any of the latest pills -- we wouldn't need this site to track calories.

I know people want to believe. but there's no magic pill. no matter what a TV doctor says.
  • UKMarjie
    Options

I also bought it and I know its kinda of a fad thing too, but I've heard mixed results on it. It worked for some people and not for others. I'm hoping it helps jump start my weight loss and especially help me stop the snacking for the first few weeks (which is my weakness :)

I find the snacking things is a pandora's box - if you don't open it then you resist the whole day...I am not against snacking in general but once I start I get going on it...I am a SAHM and the fridge is always there!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Think I am going to abandon the pills and then see where I am at.

bingo.
  • Maribelle1978
    Options
    I'm glad that my experience gave you a little light on some of your recent anxiety events... i didn't think about it at first at all, but at some point, i was REALLY anxious throughout the whole day, and i knew something was wrong... and i never had major anxiety issues either, except during a small period of time long ago, so i can identify it easily...

So when my husband asked me a couple of questions as to when i started my Green coffee bean extract, it clicked and stopped right away... after 24 hours of stopping them, i noticed a huge difference...

And its OK to use certain supplements or teas to help out, as long as its not excessive! Its always worth a try... so don't worry about certain judgemental comments! If you JUDGE without trying it yourself or know someone personnally who did, then don't post...
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    And its OK to use certain supplements or teas to help out, as long as its not excessive! Its always worth a try... so don't worry about certain judgemental comments! If you JUDGE without trying it yourself or know someone personnally who did, then don't post...

I don't know who this was aimed at but I was one of the people pooh-poohing this extract. I reserve the right to judge the use of it since there is zero credible scientific evidence backing up the claim that taking it helps with weight loss. If you are looking for a bunch of people to nod their heads in agreement with whatever you do, the internet is not a good place for you. Otherwise, if someone posts a thread about a topic, they will get opinions that agree AND disagree with their opinion.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you save your money and either spend it on fitness related things that actually work, or save it for something else enjoyable.