Keto for the New Year!

Options
Is anyone else out there doing Keto for the new year or just in general? How are you finding it?

Replies

• Lilseybean
    Lilseybean Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started today!. Let's cheer each other on!
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Love it! Prefer it. My body feels and functions so much better.

There is a big learning curve at first, but stick with it and figure out how to make all of your favorites in a low carb or high fat way. It is worth the investment of time.

There is a lot of information on the Internet. You can find many recipe sites as well as ketosis blogs and also articles on health improvements related to low carb or ketosis.

Good luck!
  • xxxhodgexxx
    xxxhodgexxx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yup - I'm sort of keto, lower carb (emphasis on lower carb) and I really enjoy it but it's hard when it comes to snacking. I try and keep to 40 carbs per day (and a little bit of cheating with a spot of vodka, line & sado water). I am currently sat here munching on king prawns that I've marinading in chilli and coriander. On lower carb, I tried Granola mixed with nut & flaxseed, some asparagus spears with runny eggs, berries are low in carbs, make some roasted spicy nuts (dead simple & lovely) or chicken sausage rolls - rolled in lettuce.

I tried to find recipes which were lower carb (I still eat vegetables - lower carb ones) and yet tasty. And I positively BARF at too much much cheese. I wrote the recipes down in a book (free with Amazon Prime) called Fat Bird Thin for exactly the same reason. Me & my friends kept trying to find something a little bit different to eat and it was so difficult.

Good luck with whatever you find - I'm currently 8lbs down and losing. My skin's cleared up & I feel really fab.

Sarah
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am on my way to getting back into ketosis and will then start hitting the gym hard. I am trying to get my husband back on board with me.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I did low carb/keto (<30g carb a day) for 6 months last year, it worked really well for sorting out my appetite/sweet tooth issues.

Probably helped some metabolic issues too (insulin resistance, etc).

The emphasis on unprocessed foods was also good.

I did manage to start to regain some losses towards the end though (on not that many more calories) so I'd monitor progress and adjust as required.

I felt awesome while it was working, I'll say that.
  • itzlauren7
    itzlauren7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day, as well. So far so good--here's to hoping it stays that way!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I find the diet easy to stick to and have had great results thus far. Sometimes I have to get away from it for a week or two(pizza is an evil concoction). The magic snowflake anti-carbs that the whiners complain about have been good to me.

Don't care how it works, just care that it does.
  • gmucciolo
    Options
    For advice on getting started check out http://www.reddit.com/r/keto. It was very helpful to me! :)
  • dynamodi
    dynamodi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to add me then feel free! Also, 3 weeks into Ketosis and I have lost 7.5 pounds :)