Hi Everyone - New to MFP

Options
HI All - I am new to the MFP site but it looks like it has some great tools, members and support...I lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers a few years back and have watched the scale slowly rise since then so I am really trying to head back in the right direction and looking for a new path.

Exercise is where I struggle the most but I am determined to by a very inexpensive (less than $200) elliptial machine to try to get on track. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks and Happy New Year to all!

Replies

• Sirref0275
    Sirref0275 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Those things end up being a clothes rack! you can get more moitvation from a good workout program on DVD
    Steve
  • heathermstrom
    Options
    The DVD route is a good one. They are so much cheaper and you get to work your whole body...plus you get more variety so you don't get bored with just the same workout. I used to have a Billy Blanks TaeBo VHS and I used it every day. I lost 30 pounds. I stopped working out, gained back 60, and found I had lost the tape. So mad!

I did just order some new dvds though, and I'm looking forward to trying them out.

good luck finding an elliptical for under $200 though! Maybe try Craigslist? People usually try selling them a few months into the year when they've dropped their new years resolutions :)
  • MarieUT
    MarieUT Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, a suggestion on exercise.
    I workout on a treadmill approx. 2.0 - 2.5 miles, I use my IPAD to watch movies and before I know it the workout is over. You can also listen to audio books, music or put your machine in front of your TV and watch your favorite show.
    Doing this I found that I workout 4 to 6 times a week.
  • Squatbenchrepeat
    Options
    So when you stopped weight watchers you just started eating like crazy again?
    Isnt weight watchers something you are supposed to hold for the rest of your life?