My Journey Begins: 2013

Options
Well here I go......I have progressively put on weight over the past 10 or so years and I have finally made the decision to begin my weight loss journey. A co-worker told me about this site and I said "What the heck....It's worth a try"!!! I will definately post my progress. I also would like advice. Here is a beach pic (as much as I hate to post this) from this past September. My goal is to loose 100 lbs. Wish me luck :))))

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!!!!

Just remember, it's a lifestyle not a diet. Forgive yourself if you fall off, just get right back on! Think of it in small goals to make it seem more manageable, if that helps.....say 10 pounds at a time. You can do it!

Check out success stories for inspiration!
  • triceever
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • asigaim
    asigaim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! Losing weight is hard, and changing your lifestyle is even harder! My goal is to lose 80-85 lbs, so I understand how difficult it can be! Feel free to add me as a friend if you need some encouragement!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    you're in the right place...be good to yourself, it's a lifelong journey :flowerforyou:

welcome
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Welcome. However, this message board is usually for before and after conversations and pictures. I think you should go post on the introduce yourself board. Good luck. It's slow but it's not hard.
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this!!! I was in your position last year at this exact time and I am down 62 pounds.

Be patient with yourself and remember that changes don't happen overnight. The best advice I have is to let go of yesterday. You are going to have slip ups, you are going to have bad days, everyone does. So what! Don't dwell on those days. For me personally, when I would dwell on my "bad" days, those days turned into weeks of being off track. Not good. I will take 1 off track day over a week any day!!! Each day is a new start regardless of what happened yesterday.

You can do this!!!!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Ladybug! You are in the right place!! Just remember that this is a life change and not a diet. Everyday there are challenges, but with a good group of friends you can overcome! :bigsmile:

Best of luck! If I can do it, anyone can!! :wink:
  • beckrl1969
    Options
    Thanks for all of the encouragement!!!! I appologize for posting in the incorrect forum...oops :)) How do you post pics anyway???
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Your among good company here.

The best advice I have read learned - calories in < calories out = weight loss

Stay away from pills and fad diets. Weight loss is 100% diet. Exercise can help by increasing your calories out but you can't out exercise a bad diet.

I have no scientific evidence to back it up and others will dispute this but I think there is a difference in calories. There are good calories and bad calories. Another way to think of it is that there are better calories and worse calories. Fruits, vegetables, lean meats are better calories and junk food, fast food, and processed food are worse calories. Others will claim that you can lose weight on a Mcdonalds diet if you keep your calories under your goal. I think that may be true but doesn't work for me. I can eat a large bag of potato chips and still be hungry. I can eat a cup of broccoli or grapes and not have the urge to snack for hours. Plus the good calories are usually nutrient dense with vitamins and minerals, good stuff your body needs.
  • jrauch10
    jrauch10 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Also - anytime you need encouragement just browse Success Stories for a few minutes. I try to get daily doses to keep me on track!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    good luck! you can do it! for added motivation, i go on to the success stories, and look at all the before and after pictures, DAILY!!! its how i start my day, and sometimes its how i end my day... it really helps with boosting motivation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!