Overweight Bride :)

Options
2»

Replies

• vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    you can most denfinately do it, I originally joined mfp needing to loose around 38 lbs after a tein pregnancy, never had to loose this much in the past and never achieved my smaller goals but with the support on here I am now sitting here 36lbs lightwer having achieved my goal. Utilise the site/ support network and get good motivational friends along the way- you can do it. I have a mini goal of toning for July as its our first family holiday and I want to wear a bikini with pride.

'Good luck, :-)
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement, and way to go on your goals!Good luck, I wish you all the best!
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! I'm gonna send you a friend request as I found having support has helped me so much. I started on here last January at 166lb and am now at 139! I'm 5'2" so we have similar stats. Good luck and you will be a beautiful bride. :-)
  • saddisv
    Options
    You can do it! Just keep your goal in sight. I am 4'3 and I weigh 140lbs. Yes, I did say that I am only 4 feet, 3 inches tall, so 140 lbs. isn't exactly ideal for my height. But, I know that I can lose the weight. I just have to stay motivated.
  • sjr4291
    sjr4291 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can already tell the support on this website is amazing...luckily I have the app on my phone aswell...which keeps me going too! I dont think I could do it without the app, as having to log onto the pc all the time would be a bit of a pain! :)
  • hannah1803
    hannah1803 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah

I'm in a similar situation as I'm planning my wedding too though mine isn't until next year (luckily!!). I have about 85lb to lose so need all the motivation I can get, so I hope we can help each other along!! Feel free to add me and keep up the good work! :)
  • klenroberts
    klenroberts Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We have the same goals. I got married September 2011 though. I would have loved to have been 140 lbs. I weighed 175 lbs and 140 lbs is my current goal. I've lost 20 lbs in 4 months. Good luck on your goals and feel free to add me. :)
  • cargilb
    cargilb Posts: 116
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your kind comments! Its great to have you all to chat to! :)

you are very welcome.
    go do it :)
  • readyAIMfire
    readyAIMfire Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My wedding is May 2013. I have about 15 more lbs. I'd like to lose. Please feel free to add me if you'd like to help encourage one another in this journey!
    Aimee
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best. I am getting married summer 2014 and would like to drop 15 before trying on dresses this summer.
    I was doing good last year but gained all ad then some back in two months after breaking my leg and being lazy. Pants I bought last summer don't fit anymore :( a reminder to do better I guess!
  • dnhardy
    dnhardy Posts: 59
    Options
    We haven't quite set a date yet but my fiance and I just got engaged and are planning on getting married late 2013/early 2014 and I need to lose some weight as well. Partially because of pictures and partially because I fully intend on being pregnant like the moment we say "I do" and I want to be as healthy as possible when that happens. Haha!
  • emmad2
    emmad2 Posts: 59
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement :-) I got engaged over the Xmas period and we're planning on getting married in 2014 - feel free to add me :-) xx