In need of some motivation~

Options
I've lost 30 pounds in 3 months after tracking what I eat and following an exercise routine. Unfortunately I have lost my motivation and feel/know that I am in a rut. I've reached some goals #1 - out of my maternity clothes, fit into my size 18, and #2 my wedding rings now fit. I think having reached these goals have made me lose track of my overall goal -looking and feeling hot on my 30th birthday.

The sad thing is - I have no excuses, and I know what I need to do, track my eating and get back into the exercise routine. I need a wake up call... I'm not happy at my current weight of 223lbs, and need to get into shape. This must be a common problem with those trying to lose weight... does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• jdubya
    jdubya Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to set some short term goals. Think of an attainable short term goal and go for it and then set another when you get there. It sounds like you have done great and I'm sure you feel a lot better. Go pick up a 30 lb weight and feel how heavy that is. That's a lot of weight and you want to keep it off!
  • mrayniak
    mrayniak Posts: 38
    Options
    Make exercise part of your routine... it has helped me a lot - I love going to the gym now. Like jdubya said - 30 lbs is a lot of weight - if you stop now, do you really want to redo the last 3 months? Take a day to relax then get back out there - the warmer weather always motivates me to get outside and get moving!
  • borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Remember it's a lifstyle choice not a passing phase. If it feels to hard then do it in small steps. Find new more interesting healthy food and do some different exercise's so that they challenge your body. I hope this helps and good luck XX
  • losingweightfor30
    losingweightfor30 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You're right ... I need to get back into a routine and not lose count of my 30 pounds. I will make smaller goals, one being 15 more pounds to lose from extra baby weight from baby #2.... I will plan to celebrate by going to the spa!

**I have weights and took a lift at 30 pounds... it's a lot of weight, proud that I lost that much and more motivated to lose much more!

Thanks again!!
    D
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I felt like that about 3-4 pounds ago. I was just gonna quit. I did take a few days off. If you need it, take it. The important thing is to set your goal for when you're going to restart again. Don't let it be more than a couple of days. You don't want to undo all of your hard work. A few days break won't undo all of it, but giving up completely will.