Chalean VS P90X

Options
I'm debating between doing Chalean or P90x. Anyone tried both and can give me an opinion??

Replies

• whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Oooh. I've been thinking to ask this question for a while but keep forgetting.
  • slegris
    slegris Posts: 17
    Options
    they are both beachbody.com products, so you probably cant go wrong. P90x is 5 years old already, but I am in my 5th week of it and so far it has been great for strength/muscle building but fat loss has not been what I would like it to be. To be fair I have been trying to keep to 2000 calories, rather than the very strict food regiment.n

Just my opinion, but they look to be very much the same, ChaLean seems like P90x re-branded and focusing on shorter increments of result...
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    You could also think about Insanity
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It depends on your current fitness level. I think ChaLean is best for starting out, it will still kick your butt. (I'm on my 3rd week of Push). Once I finish with it I'm moving on to P90X. I tried P90X a year or more ago and really got depressed because I couldn't even do the first workout.

I hope this helped.
  • worchard
    worchard Posts: 30
    Options
    For you P90X is what you are looking for. ChaLean and P90 (regular) are for those wanting to get into shape. P90X is for those what are already in shape and want to take it to the next level.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You could also think about Insanity

Oh we have Insanity also. I'm a regular Beach Body store over at my house. :wink: It's a great workout but it's more cardio than lifting based and that's what I want more of.

The thing that is attractive to me about Chalean is that the workouts are shorter increments. The long P90X workouts seem a little daunting and with school and work I don't think I will be very strict with doing them because they are so long.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    so i haven't done insanity or chalean, but if lifting for muscle mass is your goal, then the stranght training portion of P90x just seems better than either of the other two....you could always throw in some of the other 2 programs on your non lifting days.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    The thing that is attractive to me about Chalean is that the workouts are shorter increments. The long P90X workouts seem a little daunting and with school and work I don't think I will be very strict with doing them because they are so long.

That's exactly why I ended up not following P90X all the way through. The longer workouts were not as easily manageable. Well, they were fine for me, but nearly impossible to get my boyfriend to do since he is a bear to get up in the morning. It was causing more fighting than any exercise program should. (Yeah, I realize I could do it by myself, but we live in a small, open layout loft, so that also didn't work so well.)

I've been thinking Chalean might be a nice compromise.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options

That's exactly why I ended up not following P90X all the way through. The longer workouts were not as easily manageable. Well, they were fine for me, but nearly impossible to get my boyfriend to do since he is a bear to get up in the morning. It was causing more fighting than any exercise program should. (Yeah, I realize I could do it by myself, but we live in a small, open layout loft, so that also didn't work so well.)

I've been thinking Chalean might be a nice compromise.

HA HA! You guys sound like me and my boyfriend. We used to fight all the time over working out. He used to be a minor pro athlete so we would battle all the time over how to do things. He's difficult to get up in the AM also.:grumble:

Nick wants to do P90x so he'll do that and I'll probably do Chalean and we'll compare. He has more time during the day to deal with the longer program. I wanna continue on with my C25K and do Chalean at the same time. I think I would be pooped with that and P90x.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X and it is great. Same goes for Insanity. For me, the most bang for the buck comes from a good Kettlebell workout. The workout is shorter than P90X too. If you do it as a high intensity circuit, it also burns a ton of calories. Good luck!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Kettleball always looked really interesting to me but I am soooooooo tired of buying equipment. I've got all the dumbbells and pullup bars so I'm set for P90x or Chalean.