Insanity

Options
Im thinking of starting this??? Is it any good? Is it a good one to do after 30 day shred and Ripped in 30??? I dont knwo what to do next! Help!

Replies

• MichelleLovesMJ
    MichelleLovesMJ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've done day one of Insanity :) Bit intense and my calves are aching today, but otherwise loved it!
    Must keep at it!
  • maddiejonich
    Options
    Ooh really! How long is the workout and do I need equipment??? Thanks
  • MichelleLovesMJ
    MichelleLovesMJ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's about 40 mins and nope, dont need anything but good gym shoes! ;)
  • bhopejones
    Options
    I think I'm going to start too! My boyfriend has it but can't do it because he lives in an upstairs apartment and says there's so much jumping/moving involved, the neighbors would constantly be calling on him. haha.
  • mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    Options
    I completed Insanity just before xmas and would highly recommend it, although it does take alot of commitment, as its 6 days a week and in month two the workouts go up to over an hour, but its awesome! Good luck if you decide to try it.
  • so_soni
    Options
    Insanity is awesome! I did it last year and was stronger and had more stamina than ever before. As said above, it definitely requires a lot of commitment and I wanted to cry the first time I did it - but if you stick to it, you'd be amazed at how much easier it gets over time!
  • shanfletcher1029
    Options
    I love Insanity, I have been doing it for 2 weeks now and although the first week was tough my body feels great
  • mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    Options
    Insanity is awesome! I did it last year and was stronger and had more stamina than ever before. As said above, it definitely requires a lot of commitment and I wanted to cry the first time I did it - but if you stick to it, you'd be amazed at how much easier it gets over time!
    Definitely, the first couple of weeks are horrible but your body soon adjusts
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Did fit test yesterday and threw up right after lol.

Cardio/plyo is intense and I'm naturally bad at that. Not giving up though. No one else is going to lose this weight for me! :laugh:
  • Katemarie34
    Katemarie34 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity!! I'd recommend it, it is hard, and the first week you'll want to die doing the workouts, and it will be hard to even go down stairs, sit- all that stuff... but it's AWESOME. If you stick with it, and just make it part of your daily activity, it's great.
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I complete my 1st week of round 3 of Insanity. It is awesome! Try it out, you'll love it and the results. You get out of it what you put in, like any prograom you do. So far I have ost 36 pounds and LOTS AND LOTS of inches! Good luck!!!

Its the best, no equiptment needed (beyond a sweat towel), it works with your weight!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'll be completing it on Jan 19th, and I LOVE it. I did JM 30DS and RI30 prior. The first week my calves HURT and than it got easier. Month two is a killer, but stick with it. No equipment is needed but I would suggest a yoga mat. The first month is between 32-45mins and the second month is 47min-1hr long. Try to to the eating plan as well. I didn't the first month and I wished I did now. But good luck
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    insanity is great, it will get you in good cardiovascular shape. You don't need equipment, you are using free weights. It is a extreme HIIT workout, and you do a lots of push ups, burpees and stuff like that. I love it, did it several times, now I am using it as a supplement workout to my weight lifting
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I finished Ripped in 30, JM Body Revolution. I'm currently on my second week of Insanity. It's intense and humble you at first. I'm following the 40c/40p/20f macros suggested for the workout. I feel great.
  • maddiejonich
    Options
    Wowzers...Thank you all so, so much for posting your replies on here. I now have mixed feelings! I am excited and 'bring on the challenge' but I am also petrified at the thought of it. It sounds soooooo hard that it scares me! I knwo someone who has the dvds and I'm getting those so that has saved me big money :-) I Just hope I can stick with it as I am sometimes pushed for time just to do RI30! I guess I'm going to have to make time and sacrifice something else! Is there a certain order that you the dvds in? There seems to be a lot of them! Do you do a different dvd each time???
  • maddiejonich
    Options

I have no idea what macros are??? :-(
    Hi there. I finished Ripped in 30, JM Body Revolution. I'm currently on my second week of Insanity. It's intense and humble you at first. I'm following the 40c/40p/20f macros suggested for the workout. I feel great.
  • maddiejonich
    Options
    Did fit test yesterday and threw up right after lol.

Cardio/plyo is intense and I'm naturally bad at that. Not giving up though. No one else is going to lose this weight for me! :laugh:

OMG...you threw up! I'm scared :-P
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Dont eat within 2hrs of doing the video!! Or you'll throw up lol
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    There is a calender that comes with the set, ask your friend to borrow that as well, there is a system as to which DVD you do each day. Its a plan and if you can borrow the cookbook (food plan) it works best while following it as well. Good luck! :O) You can do this! When I started this I was over 180 pounds. You can do it!!!
  • maddiejonich
    Options
    ah thanks for that! I wondered how it all worked. Ive messaged her and shes getting me copies of it all and copying it for me tomorrow. Aiming to start it as soon as she gives it me. Someone else i know has just started it and said the fitness test nearly killed her! This scares me a lot!