I'm addicted to bread

Options
I wish there was some way I could just stop eating bread. I could eat biscuits all day everyday. I quit smoking on March 17, 2011 and that was EXTREMELY hard to do. Why can't I quit eating bread??????

Replies

• Squatbenchrepeat
    Options
    Do you have an allergy to bread?
  • YeOldeLancer
    Options
    You can quit. Weight loss is 95% mental. You quit smoking, bread should be...pie! :) Don't stop eating carbs altogether, just start replacing some carbs with fruits, veggies and other low-cal snacks but always keep some carbs in your diet.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbBURnqYVzw

I know a lot of people consider going wheat free to be a fad. I actually thought this too! But since trying it, I'm SOLD! I feel SO MUCH BETTER. No more joint pain, no more acid reflux, no more late day fatigue. I am 100% off wheat and actually right now I'm not consuming any grains. I went cold turkey and it really helped a lot because if you just try to "cut down" the small amount of wheat you're eating just stimulates you to consume more.. why torture yourself.. just go cold turkey.

I can't say that going wheat free is the choice for everyone but try it for a month and see how you feel.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If you can't quit bread yet, then how about changing the type of bread that you eat and the amount and see how that works for awhile before cutting it out all together?

How about trying to switch to 100% whole wheat bread or even better Ezekiel bread ? I found in the past for me anyway that if I cut something out all together, I have a harder time then just cutting back on it.
  • sjr4291
    sjr4291 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love bread too, but there is very little I can eat instead, for lunches, etc! I wish I didnt eat so much! :)