Buzz Kill

Options
What are the rules for alcoholic beverages?? I go out for drinks maybe 2x a month. I enjoy vodka with redbull and Corona beer.

Replies

• kyricus
    kyricus Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my alcohol too. As long as you figure it into your caloric intake for the day, I think you'll be fine.
  • tricia19444
    Options
    Isn't that the purpose of a liquid diet? Plan for all your calories in alcoholic beverages?

(It's a joke... don't flame me).
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "rules"?
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I do love a vodka with Sugar-Free Red Bull! You can either factor them into your daily calorie intake accordingly, or just have 2 of those controversial "cheat days" a month. Two nights of drinking per month shouldn't de-rail all of your progress, as long as you hope back on the wagon the next day! :drinker:
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    The "rules" are whatever you want them to be. If you can work that bimonthly outing into your cals then you're good to go.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    There aren't any rules.

Some people choose to cut alcohol out completely. ( I am not one of them)
    Some people choose to plan and make the alcohol calories fit into their day.
    Some people choose to exercise more to earn enough calories for the alcohol.
    Some people choose to accept that it's one night and consider it a "cheat" meal or day.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i never heard of any rules.

drink what you enjoy, and just like your favorite foods you moderate and allow a little room in your calorie intake for them.

however, if i'm going to go out for drinks, i actually have no problem going over my calories with alcohol, because i don't want to drink on an empty stomach. i learned that lesson the hard way, several times.
  • nchrty
    nchrty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the purpose of a liquid diet? Plan for all your calories in alcoholic beverages?

(It's a joke... don't flame me).

AND A GOOD ONE!!!:laugh:
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    What are the rules for alcoholic beverages?? I go out for drinks maybe 2x a month. I enjoy vodka with redbull and Corona beer.

To save calories, cut out the redbull. No Redbull = more vodka!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I hardly think 2 times a month is an issue. But if it makes you feel better, do a little extra exercise on those days.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    When it comes to drinking the only rule I adhere to..is "Don't drink and drive"!
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You make your own rules around here...
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I do not choose to eliminate alcohol, I plan for 1-3 lite beers several days a week. I actually CAN go without, but due to bursitis, neck pain and back issues from a car accident years ago, the muscle relaxing effects of the alcohol are the only pill-free way I have found that aids me.

Therefore I plan to not eat less, but exercise more to allow the cals and carbs from the beer. Of course doing that can lead to more pain, so its a bit of a catch 22, such is the life I lead. It's about balance. Going out for binge drinking twice a month shouldn't do more then give you a massive hangover, as long as you jump right back on your diet. I agree that sugar free red bull is the way to go with that stuff though most bars don't have it.

They also say that alcohol slows your metabolism, probably more of an issue for my drinking several times a week versus yours twice a month. Just something I have to consider when weight loss stalls.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    When it comes to drinking the only rule I adhere to..is "Don't drink and drive"!

You're a special snowflake. :bigsmile:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    1. Make a flat pyramid with the cards. You can either make the base 5 or 6 cards. After you make the pyramid, you share the remaining cards between players. Don't show anyone else your cards.

2. Flip over the 1st card in the bottom row of the pyramid. If you have the card, or wish to bluff that you have it, you can tell anyone else to drink for 1 second. The bottom row is one, second row is two, etc...

3. If an opponent thinks you have the card they can call "bullsh!t". If you fail to show them the card then you have to drink double, and if you do have the card that they called bullsh!t on, they have to drink double.

4. If you have more then one of the cards flipped over, multiply the amount the person has to drink by this number. For example if a four is turned over on the first row and you have two fours in your hand, then you could make someone drink two instead of the standard one for the first row.

Remember that you can pretend that you have the cards in Bullsh!t Pyramid even if you don't, to make people drink more.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options

You're a special snowflake. :bigsmile:

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever called me! :):heart:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    You make the rules.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB....

But seriously, there are no set "rules" in regards to alcohol and your weight loss. Watch to keep around your TDEE and macros and work in the alcohol when you need to.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    when you drink.

make sure the Buzz is worth it! drink on cheat day so you can use real stuff to mix,mixed drinks! and drink all you want.