Bell's Palsy

Options
I was diagnosed (again) with Bell's Palsy this past Thursday. I had it 8 yrs ago and now it's come back, probably caused by stress and fatigue. It means that 1/2 my face is paralyzed. Can't fully blink, smile, or taste. I can handle that, but it's these migraines that came with it that are really throwing me for a loop; I can't even sleep! I guess I just need some encouragement with my weightloss; I can't eat very solid foods right now because I keep biting my lips and cheek when I eat so I'm sticking to smoothies, potatoes, steamed veggies, and sugar free pudding.

Replies

• Granny2b
    Granny2b Posts: 91
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are unwell. Hope you get better soon :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Oh, you poor thing! I wish you a speedy recovery :flowerforyou:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Aww :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: My grandma had Bell's Palsy as well, so I know how tough it can be to deal with.

Smoothies are my favorite food right now so make them yummy! And get better soon! I hope they can find a way to ease the migraines so you can get your rest in.
  • cruisegirl
    cruisegirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh, I feel for you. I had it about 15 years ago. Woke up and tried to drink my cup of coffee and it went all over me instead. It's very scary because I know I thought I'd had a stroke. I, too, experienced the headaches and HORRIBLE ear pain. Have you tried clear tape to tape up your eyebrow so your eye won't droop so bad? Helped the looks of it a lot.

Stock up on straws (I still have to use a straw after all these years). And when I get tired, my eye and mouth will still droop a bit and my smile will be crooked.

Hope yours doesn't last long and your pain will go away.