Week-End Challenge

Options
I need some extra accountability on the week-ends. I always seem to go overboard and undo all of the hard work that I've done during the week. I'm starting a challenge for myself and anyone else who is interested to stay on track this week-end. This can mean different things to different people. For me it means the following:

1. I will work out at least once on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - bonus if I do a strength and cardio workout on each of those days.
2. I will generally eat healthy and not go over my calorie allotment.
3. I will only consume alcoholic beverages within my calorie allotment and in general keep this to a minimum since if I break this goal then #1 and #2 are in jeopardy as well.

We can check in during the week-end if we're struggling or simply report back on Monday with how we did.

This will be a lot more fun if it's not just me :smile: I look forward to interacting with anyone else who faces the same week-end battle.

Replies

• jenwillbthin
    Options
    So I can do the first part of the challenge since that's when I have trouble getting into the gym but I don't drink so that part doesn't apply. But staying
    Hope all goes well for you this weekend.
    Here's to remembering to check back in on Monday.
    Good luck and better health!
  • 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    OK, jenwillbthin, hope you find yourself at the gym and I hope I find myself there as well. Thanks for joining in.
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Weekends are always challenging...as we have discussed before. Heather -- if you ever need a weekend workout buddy, call me. We can motivate each other.
  • 6Pk2Go
    Options
    Thanks for the offer Maria. My plan this week-end is to hit the ARC for cardio. I like their spin class and they have one on both Sat and Sunday morning. I will supplement this with P90X at home as I need a little extra to offset my week-end nutritional indiscretions.

If you're interested in Spin I'll be there. I had planned to jog over from my house but that will depend on my schedule. I'm afraid to run with you Speed Queen :o) I'd be up for a hike though....
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    off to the gym to get my Friday in. 500 calorie burn here I come.
  • buttercupke
    Options
    I am game although my weekend is technically Saturday Sunday Monday...but I am about to hit the gym now. I was having trouble getting motivated today but you just did it for me Thanks and good luck to you!!!
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    OK Friday is done. I did 65 minutes on the treadmill burned 615 calories.
    Lifted on all the machines twenty times each. Usually do 30 but super tired today.
  • 6Pk2Go
    Options
    Way to go jenwillbethin and buttercupke! I also dragged my butt to the gym and ran for 40 mins then followed up with 45 minutes of P90X Shoulders & Arms. I'm pretty happy with last night's outcome since I also managed to keep the diet in check and come in under my calorie allotment. Now to tackle this morning. My plan is to attend a Spinning Class and later this afternoon do P90X Yoga for 90 mins. I'm feeling very motivated - lets hope it sticks! Have a great day ladies.:flowerforyou:
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    Great job Heather! Its super hard to get out of the house for me but once I do I'm cool with it.
    I love my workouts but somehow I sabotage myself with the "I'm to tired's or whatever I let get
    in my way.
    Thanks for the motivation! It is working.
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    Just finished my workout for the day in the gym. 80 mins on the treadmill 725 calories burned!!!!!!
    Heather without your challenge I might not have done this. Thanks!!!!!!
    Also washed my car today but I can't find calorie burn for that lol.
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    Sunday workout done!!!! WOW! I think I needed this challenge more than you could know.
    65 mins. on treadmill
    weight training today as well.
    I DID IT!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • 6Pk2Go
    Options
    Way to go Jenwillbthin!!! I fell off the wagon on Saturday night and it carried through Sunday. On the bright side, at least it was only half the week-end and not the full week-end. The challenge worked for me too as it kept me active on Friday evening at least.

Keep up the great work!!!

My challenge to myself this week will be undoing all the harm I did yesterday.
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    Hey no big deal at least your still at it.
    We should challenge each other again this coming weekend.
    It was good for me. I feel amazing today. I won't be able to workout as long as I like
    to today my daughter has dance class so unless DH gets off on time I might just get in
    about 45 minutes. :frown: But I guess since she loves dance its worth it.
    Good luck today.
    Wishing you good health.
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    off to get in my workout!!!! Gonna go early.